- Pay Rate: Up to £350 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week: 37
- 6 months
Interim Surge and Resilience Planning Manager - PSR 1JP00018322
This post works across the 12 CCGs of North Central and North East London. You will lead on provider operational resilience and surge management work within NEL Commissioning Support Unit and is responsible for ensuring that there are robust plans in place to manage surges in demand and that these are enacted at times of pressure.
You will be the main point of contact for surge capacity issues being reported by providers. You will be responsible for ensuring appropriate systems are in place to support delivery of the in-hours and out of hours’ provider operational resilience and surge management service throughout the year on behalf of North Central and North East London CCGs. You will provide assurance to key stakeholders, including CCGs, NHSE, Monitor and the TDA. You will support day to day work on the interfaces between acute, specialist and community care providers and be an active participant in escalation processes that ensure patients move through the system in a safe and effective way.
- Able to deal with contentious information, able to weigh up conflicting perspectives and make sound judgement
- Good negotiating and influencing skills, in relation to managing discussions around surge management /winter planning with local acute trusts and CCGs.
- Ability to work autonomously at senior level, as well as work as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of and respect for confidentiality
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Essential details to include on your CV:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Additional Requirements:
- BPSS - security clearance
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Surge and Resilience Planning Manager (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.