- Pay Rate:
Up to £40.00 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is until further notice, following an initial trial period of 2 weeks
Full Job Title: Interim Street Lighting Supervisor – Street Lighting Project
Reference no: Bradford 5208908
To act as Supervisor during the construction phase as described under the NEC3 ECC form of contract.
To provide a service at all times to the nominated Project Manager by ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied by Contractors are as specified in accordance with the Works Information.
To assist the Project Manager with managing contractors, sub-contractors, liaising with statutory utilities and dealing with technical queries.
To undertake actions delegated by the Project Manager and Technical Lead / Contracts Manager
- To ensure a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for each project, via site visits, assessing contract implementation with due regard to highway, health and safety and environmental legislation.
- To check works are carried out in compliance with the Works Information including electrical testing of lighting systems and workmanship
- To witness on-site testing and commissioning and keep appropriate records of results.
- To identify technical problems on site, to recommend corrective action and issue directions as authorised under the contract.
- Manage the defects process, check and mark materials off site to protect the Employer’s interests.
- To comply with the legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues and highway legislation
- To maintain records and data, operate and maintain information systems and undertake general administrative tasks.
- To prepare schedules of defects and certify rectification of snagging items.
- To manage a small team of electrical highways Inspectors / Clerk of Works
- Compose records of the works; index and file all correspondence
- To attend internal and external meetings, both on and off site as required.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HNC / ONC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering (or other related discipline)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within the Highways Lighting sector on high driven target projects (i.e. Energy efficient lighting replacement works / column renewal works) with at least 5 years within a supervisory role.
- Experienced in assisting the Project Manager under NEC3 ECC or other forms of contract.
- Experienced in Supervising on site works being carried out under an NEC3 ECC or other contract agreements.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role within the highway lighting and electrical industry is essential
- Experienced in supervising highways lighting contractors on high driven target projects.
- Experienced in control and maintenance of records.
- Experienced in inspecting works and testing of electrical systems.
- Experienced in controlling the quality of materials and workmanship during construction stage.
- Experienced in managing contractors, sub-contractors and dealing with technical queries.
- ICT Skills: Excellent technical project planning skills with proficiency in the use of MS office suite packages.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Street Lighting Supervisor – Street Lighting Project
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.