- Pay Rate:
£269.58 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Westminster, London,
Interim Strategic Communications & Engagement Manager - Department of Media and Communications (DMC)
Job Ref: MPS 0006 5C4B / 1
Pay rate: £269.58 per day (plus 36 days paid holiday)
Hybrid role: minimum 2 days in the office per week but candidates must be flexible and spend more days in the office when required
This role is for a leading London Police organisation, candidates with current CTC/SC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
To plan, manage, deliver and evaluate communications activity in delivery of the DMC communication strategy and working with the leads in the business groups, Transformation Directorate programme teams, Internal Communication Business Partners, and channels team. The post holder will take the lead on a small number of major campaigns during the year, from its genesis – brief taking, campaign development and planning, delivery and evaluation.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate coherent and effective communications that engage officers and staff.
- Develop messaging, content and products for campaigns.
- Develop content in house and occasionally liaise with agencies, devising creative briefs, managing design and production within budget, and always ensuring quality and value for money.
- Use creative thinking to source and/or develop images, infographics, video, and other products as required, and ensure all assets e.g., images, video, audio etc. are managed appropriately.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders to support delivery of communications, working collaboratively within own team and across the organisation.
- Monitor own and colleagues’ work against plans and milestones and act promptly to ensure activity stays on track and outcomes are delivered.
- Evaluate, measure and monitor campaigns /activity, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and impact, and use this information to drive continual improvement and development.
- Understand and ensure the organisation’s brand, digital and editorial standards and guidelines and communication standards are adhered to.
- Take ownership for the evaluation of strategies, plans, campaigns and content.
- Seek external insight / research / best practice and new ideas and contribute to the development of communications practices and processes and continual improvement.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- At least two years’ experience leading large scale internal communications projects, with a track record of translating business challenges into successful communication strategies, plans and campaigns.
- Government or public sector experience (desirable).
- Experience of forward planning and managing day-to-day communications and engagement activity, coordinated as part of wider organisational activity.
- Strong track record of delivery, including taking responsibility for commissioning and producing high quality content and other deliverables.
- Evidence of best practice in tracking and measuring the impact of communications and its contribution to wider organisational objectives.
- Ability to use insight and research to plan and refine communications activity to reach and engage target audiences.
- Strong understanding of a range of communications disciplines and channels, using knowledge to plan and adapt chosen approach.
- Flexible and delivery-focussed with an innovative and creative mind-set, bringing new ideas to solve tough challenges.
- Ability to form effective working relationships across a full range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Confidence and credibility in a range of scenarios, including delivering impactful and engaging presentations and communications advice on your projects.
- Actively seek out best practice and new ideas, collecting and sharing insights about what performs best to help shape the future communications agenda.
- Motivation to contribute to key thematic areas within the national communications network, for example Learning & Development, and Inclusion, Diversity & Equality.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- CTC Vetting.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Strategic Communications & Engagement Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.