- Pay Rate:
£520.54 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
An innovative Solution Architect is required to develop systems architecture that will meet business needs. Your initial focus will be on some of the corporate systems (e.g. HR, finance, business continuity management) used by the organisation. You will assess the current software systems in place to identify areas of improvement.
You will work collaboratively with product owners and service delivery managers to carry out activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- You can describe real world examples where you have displayed meeting the following criteria:
- Leadership and Governance
- You can provide clear technical guidance to the internal and external technical delivery teams with differing degrees of maturity working on concurrent deliveries. You can collaborate with your colleagues to meet your areas goals in a secure sustainable manner. You can balance the ideas of an agile development process against the internal constraints of an organisation.
- You understand technical governance and can assure that your solutions follow this governance.
- Bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical
- You can translate technical concepts relating to software engineering, project management and service management so they are understood by all.
- Making and guiding decisions
- You can make and guide effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached. You must have the ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk
- You can produce a strategy for technology that meets business needs. You can create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements.
- Turning business problems into solution designs
- You can work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into secure technical designs. You can create an optimal design through an iterative process, aligning the user need with the system requirements and organisational objectives. You can clearly describe your design and are able to visualise views and viewpoints to articulate an ideal service meeting user needs.
- NB: The Client’s Office architecture community makes use of Simon Brown’s C4 model
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.