- Pay Rate:
£35.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Solicitor – Locum
Job Ref: Halton RQ677264
Pay Rate: £35.00 per hour PAYE
To provide legal and procedural advice and legal services in respect of Adult Social Care in respect of the Council’s functions as directed in the most cost effective and efficient way to secure Best Value for the Authority
- To undertake Adult Social Care advocacy and other litigation work, in order to protect and further the Council's objectives in the Courts, Tribunals and at Statutory Appeals and Inquiries. The Local Authority to make use of Counsel at Court if the complexity of the case demands it
- To provide Adult Social Care advice and guidance and other legal services as required to ensure that the Council’s Directorates receive effective and high quality legal advice and services.
- To identify, research and anticipate the effects on service provision of new developments in Adult Social Care law to ensure that clients are able to deliver timely and responsive services.
- To provide Adult Social Care legal and procedural advice to the Council's Boards, Committees, Panels and Groups of Members to ensure that policy and operational decisions are taken in the most effective and beneficial way.
- To deliver Adult Social Care Legal advice to clients to ensure that policy is formulated and operational decisions are taken on a sound legal basis.
- To implement positively the Council's Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Policies.
- To carry out such tasks as are appropriate to the skills and experience of the post holder.
- To take part in any initiatives in relation to legal quality management or training as from time to time decided by the Legal Services Division Management Team.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time, which are commensurate with the grade of the post
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A Solicitor, either with a current practising certificate or eligible to apply for a practising certificate, or a qualified Barrister or a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives, or possessing an equivalent qualification gained in another jurisdiction
- Knowledge of the law relating to the area of service where the assignment is based
- An awareness of the issues that face local government
- Substantial experience within the legal profession
- Experience of providing legal advice in the area of the assignment
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team, and to build effective relationships with Council Members, senior managers, business units, other sections and outside agencies
- Ability to analyse, use and present complex data in a clear and informative way
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Solicitor – Locum
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.