- Pay Rate:
£26 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.25, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Solicitor - Corporate and Commercial Law
Reference no: Trafford 0007 0A8F / 1
Pay Rate: £26 per hour PAYE (including 33 days holiday)
A Solicitor is required to support stakeholders by providing specialist and proactive legal advice and assistance across a range of areas arising within the post holder’s area of responsibility, including: -
- EU public procurement rules and application.
- Contracting and procurement processes.
- Employment law.
- Data Protection and Freedom of Information.
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- Contract management and dispute resolution.
- Drafting and where appropriate, negotiating, relevant documentation.
- Licensing and public protection.
- Community Partnerships and business models.
- Local government law and procedures.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience in contract drafting and will be skilled at drafting legal documentation.
- A working knowledge of EU Procurement Regulations.
- Possessing up-to-date knowledge in respect of national trends, policy, legislation, guidelines, initiatives, and best practice in legal and local government.
- Experience of one or more of the areas listed above and of:
- Developing and advising on a wide range of high-level complex and sensitive work.
- Representing legal services at committee meetings and other meetings and represent the client’s interests with external organisations.
- Supporting the principal solicitors, monitoring officer and deputy monitoring officer as required.
- Ensuring that the service meets all its statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Communicating and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders, building partnerships and productive working relationships to achieve shared objectives.
- Skilled at providing concise and clear advice and carrying out legal research and analysis.
- Well-organised and adaptable, as you may from time to time be asked to take on challenges outside your field of expertise.
- Skilled at providing concise and clear advice and able to communicate with Elected Members, Officers, and members of the public.
- Commercial awareness and have a “can do” approach.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Solicitor - Corporate and Commercial Law
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.