- Pay Rate:
c.£24.03 per hour PAYE (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Interim Solicitor - Contracts
Job Ref: Liverpool RQ637130
An experienced lawyer with a background in commercial contracts, a can-do attitude and a desire to improve public services, to join its Contracts & Commercial team. The post holder will be required to deal with a significant and varied caseload including contracts for the provision of services or supplies, event and art agreements, as well as loan and grant agreements and associated legal documentation
- The post holder will carry out legal work and give legal advice at a level consistent with the career grade structure primarily in the following areas Contracts, Procurement, Grants, Subsidies, Intellectual Property, Joint Ventures, Partnerships, Corporate Projects and Developments
- Within these work areas, the post holder will where required liaise effectively and efficiently with external solicitors, barristers and others to ensure that work carried out externally meets the City Council’s needs.
- To the extend required within these work areas, in accordance with departmental procedures
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (in all cases authorised to practice in England and Wales)
- Extensive working knowledge of contracts, procurement, joint ventures, partnerships, intellectual property, corporate projects and developments
- Knowledge of the practical application of Public and Administrative law as applied to Local Authorities
- Demonstrable experience within the above areas of legal services
- Experience of drafting and negotiating complex legal agreements
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) clearly and concisely at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure, carry a substantial workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to organise self and others to deliver outcomes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Solicitor - Contracts
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.