- Pay Rate:
£26.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Interim Solicitor - Child Protection
Job Ref: 0006 2C5C / 1
To provide a comprehensive, cost effective, responsive and quality legal service in child protection matters
- To provide appropriate legal advice and assistance to the Council as a whole, across the relevant area of expertise/specialism
- To work effectively with other officers of the Council as necessary to support and achieve the delivery of the Council’s objectives.
- To provide high quality, timely advice and guidance relating to new legislation, statutory instruments, policy documents, circulars and case law.
- To prepare reports for and attend such meetings of the Council, the Executive Committees, Sub-Committees and Working Parties as may be necessary in connection with the duties of the post. About the Role Qualifications and Professional Development About You
- To prepare and as directed conduct cases on behalf of the Council in the Magistrates, County and High Courts and before other tribunals.
- Assess the need to instruct external Solicitors and Counsel in accordance with service procedures and where appropriate to prepare instructions for Counsel/external solicitors and work with them to achieve agreed objectives.
- Contribute both individually and as part of a team to the achievement of the highest quality results in all aspects of the work of the Legal Services.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships with partners and external agencies to improve service delivery
- To communicate and engage with a wide range of stakeholders, building partnerships and productive working relationships to achieve shared objectives
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation and procedures
- Experience in Children’s Social care service
- Experience of conducting complex cases in Magistrates and/or County and/or High Courts and before other tribunals
- Experience of working with and providing legal advice and assistance to other departments/services
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to produce solutions and develop strategies over long periods
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Solicitor - Child Protection
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.