- Pay Rate:
£28.45 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 - 7 months
- Abingdon, Oxfordshire,
Full Job Title: Interim Social Care Finance and Systems Manager - Finance
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5218153
Pay Rate: £28.45 per hour PAYE
You will operate as the professional lead in all areas of discipline, with extensive knowledge of social care (Adults and Children) systems.
You will lead, motivate and manage a diverse team of 70+ FTE, with direct line management responsibility for four team managers.
You will lead on the accurate and timely payment of all social care person specific spend and the collection of income as defined in the annual Review of Charges report to Cabinet and the Care Act.
You will provide leadership to all Social Care Finance and Systems Teams, delivering sustained and continuous improvements to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness
You will ensure that the teams are acting in compliance with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
You will deliver and manage payment administration service level agreements to transact payments as authorised by Health partners.
You will oversee the Money Management Service which is responsible for managing the finances of 1,500 people who are unable to manage this themselves.
You will deputise for the Adult Social Care Service Manager for Service Improvement and Independent Living Services as required.
Key tasks include;
- Direct supervisory responsibility of team managers within Social Care Finance and Systems.
- Setting strategic direction, planning and performance monitoring of the Social Care Finance and Systems team; including operational oversight and management of the 4 functions within the wider team
- Ensuring the Social Care Finance and Systems Teams maintain their professional expertise and knowledge in legislation and regulations relating to their areas, and apply the relevant changes to ensure systems and operations remain compliant, efficient and effective
- Ensuring that all data is entered accurately and promptly into Social Care case management systems and the council’s corporate finance system
- Ensuring that all payments and charges are accurate and processed in a timely way in line with the council’s contractual and statutory obligations.
- Management of the ContrOCC contract and the operational relationship with the system provider in conjunction with ICT, including the resolution of system bugs and input into the development roadmap
- Defining good customer service standards in terms of suppliers and people receiving services.
- Management and resolution of operational and system support issues across all Social Care Finance and Systems sub-teams.
- Analysing, developing and improving system processes and solutions to meet business requirements across all Social Care Finance and System teams.
- Creation and maintenance of system data and configuration (including contractual suppliers payment rates). Ensuring data integrity and alignment with the corporate finance and contract management systems
- Management of the system change control process, including leading the cross functional change control group and collaboration with Service Improvement and ICT on system developments
- Responsible for ensuring robust business continuity plans are in place.
- Oversight and cross department co-ordination of annual system processes, including annual supplier pay rate increases and annual uplifts of income
- Management of testing and implementation of system changes and the testing for the ContrOCC annual upgrades
- The development of operational performance reporting used by the wider teams
- Adhering to all legal requirements and the regulatory framework that govern operations.
- Being accountable for the production and reporting of key performance and finance information for the wider organisation including the Social Care performance board
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Finance qualification (AAT level 4 or equivalent), or extensive relevant experience in a finance environment
- ILM Level 5, or a commitment to complete to Level 5, or equivalent relevant qualification or management experience to that level.
- Degree level qualification or demonstrable experience at that level
- Extensive relevant experience, knowledge and understanding of social care finances and systems, including Payments, Income, Debt Recovery, Financial Assessments and Money Management; experience at a level of strategic and operational management with responsibility for systems maintenance, development and performance management.
- Extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement, business process re-engineering, project delivery and visual management processes, techniques and tools.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the legislation and regulations that apply to both Adults and Childrens’ social care systems and financial processes.
- Experienced in managing teams, with the ability to manage staff development, performance and succession planning.
- Experienced in working with Senior Managers, with a professional knowledge and ability to influence decisions, address poor performance and identify opportunities and innovation through sound reasoning, risk assessment whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of the organisational objectives over the short, medium and long term.
- Extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of interpreting and acting on management information and financial management systems and procedures.
- Relevant experience in Local Government (desirable)
- Relevant experience of using SAP, Liquid Logic Adults and Children’ System, ContrOCC (desirable)
- Strong ICT skills including extensive knowledge and ability to use and develop business systems, as well as being highly proficient with Microsoft applications
- Good communicator, who can communicate clearly and openly.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial control, risk management and corporate governance; including the regulatory framework that governs the operation of accounting and financial systems.
- A lateral thinker who is highly motivated, positive and inquisitive with an aptitude for learning, problem solving, developing innovative ideas, and continuous improvement.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Social Care Finance and Systems Manager - Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.