- Pay Rate:
£333.00 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Interim Service Manager – MASH & Emergency
Reference no: Nottingham 1000442713671124
90% office based
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide a single point of access in Nottingham City for concerns and requests for support in relation to vulnerable children and young people who have complex needs or might be at risk of harm.
To ensure that all contacts are dealt with in a timely and consistent manner in line with the Threshold of Need document. Ensure that children and their families receive high quality information and, where necessary, support and protection provided by children’s services and other agencies or professionals. Management of the Emergency Duty Team who provide an evenings, weekends and bank holiday service to ensure all our citizens (children and adults) are being safely supported.
- Ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services to children and families through the MASH Team including Emergency Duty Team out of hours service.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the service, effective operation of the strategic safeguarding partnership and ensure that service capacity addresses need.
- Ensure that Early Help support needs are identified and met. To ensure that Children who need to be looked After, Children in need of Protection and Children In Need are identified for assessment and provided with services according to departmental thresholds. To ensure that their welfare is safeguarded and promoted developing partnerships with other agencies to ensure that services are integrated to maximise good outcomes for children.
- Manage staff by providing regular individual safeguarding supervision, co-ordination and direction. Driving and monitoring performance and quality of both staff and the service and taking the necessary corrective action when required to improve performance and outcomes for children.
- Manage all resources within the area in an efficient, effective and economic manner within a framework of Corporate and Departmental policies and priorities. These resources will include personnel and finance.
- Be involved in managing change in response to the Governments Agenda for social care and locally adopted policies and procedures. Thus ensuring that the service is fit for purpose.
- Implement aspects of the relevant Service Plan as it pertains to the Area.
- Ensure the legal statutory and other relevant provisions governing or affecting the Department and services provided are strictly observed.
- Manage and resolve complaints in line with the Children Act 1989, Working Together 2015 and National Minimum Standards.
- Ensure appropriate communication, liaison and relationships with other city departments, agencies and voluntary organisations and to act as a representative of the department at relevant forums.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professional Qualification in Social Work.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Evidence of post-qualifying learning in management development.
- Experienced SM with EDT and MASH experience.
- Understanding of the City Council’s core values and strategic aims.
- Thorough understanding of good social work practise in respect to children and families.
- Knowledge of the Government’s modernising agenda for health and social care, and how it relates to Children’s Services.
- Thorough knowledge of the Children’s Act 1989 and related guidance, the Assessment Framework for Children in Need and Working Together to Safeguard Children.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to draft, develop implement and evaluate practice guidance and performance framework.
- Ability to use information technology as an effective management tool in compliance with the Data Protection Act and to manage performance.
- Ability to provide leadership to ensure effective team working.
- Ability to manage quality, performance, recruitment, discipline, sickness absence, supervision, complaints and grievances.
- Ability to work as part of a management rota, covering the Emergency Duty Team, out of office hours.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Service Manager – MASH & Emergency
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.