- Pay Rate:
£355.87 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8-9 months
Interim Service Manager - Assessment & Intervention
Job Ref: RQ607851
Enhanced DBS required for this role
You will lead a group of Team Managers and all staff within an assigned service. You will be responsible for a large-scale activity to meet defined performance indicators and ensuring quality in practice. You will provide professional leadership, ensuring effective practices in situations of complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge, in line with the Professional Capabilities Framework
- Leading, motivating and influencing staff in order to achieve business and service objectives. Operational resource deployment and recommending future resource needs over the short term.
- Management of service delivery and/or specific reviews, projects and programmes on service/directorate provision through the use of effectively managed resources, within appropriate constraints.
- You will contribute to the formulation and implementation of policies, processes and guidance, considering views of stakeholders, and gaining appropriate ownership and approvals. You will also contribute to service improvements through the identification, design and implementation of developed solutions which enable the organisation to be successful.
- You will develop effective relationships with managers or partners across the wider directorate, other parts of the organisation and external organisations. Working with, advising and influencing key stakeholders in specialist field including Members, Chief Executive and board, senior managers and other key partners. Maintaining national and local networks and partnerships.
- You will provide expert advice and guidance on complex issues verbally and/or through written reports. This includes professional advice/support across the department and/or organisation and tackling difficult problems of a technical, professional, resource or people related nature.
- You will be expected to manage a budget and contribute to financially related decisions on high level spending.
- Contribution to the realisation of service, group or team service improvements through the identification, design and implementation of developed solutions which enable the organisation to be successful.
- Maintaining national and local networks and partnerships.
- Meeting statutory, national, regional and local obligations in service delivery through own work and managed staff.
- Support equality and diversity and respects customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A recognised Social Work qualification e.g. Degree in Social Work, Post Graduate Certificate in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent as recognised by the relevant professional body
- Significant post qualification experience in dealing with significant and diverse issues, for example, management of complex child protection matters, staff under performance, allocation of limited resources
- Experience of managing resources to deliver a service for example, leading staff, managing a budget, or contributing to financial related decisions
- Experience of shaping and supporting initiatives in a political environment
- Sound partnership working skills including the successful co-ordination of partners to deliver objectives
- Effective research, evaluation and interpretation skills to derive conclusions and plan over the short term
- Ability to deliver change and continually improve practice and performance in a supportive, positive way
- Ability to make sound pragmatic problem-solving decisions, which will have a wider service impact
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Service Manager - Assessment & Intervention
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.