- Pay Rate:
£289.16 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- SOUTHWARK, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Service Manager - Adopt London South
Reference no: Southwark 5212336
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To act as service manager for Adopt London South, the South London Regional Adoption Agency (RAA) which combines the adoption services for the 10 South London Boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton, Southwark Sutton, Wandsworth, Greenwich and Achieving for Children, the Voluntary Adoption Agency delivering adoption services on behalf of Richmond and Kingston.
The Service Manager is responsible for the operational management of social work practice, ensuring the delivery of a high quality, systemically-informed social work service. To set objectives for the service, develop plans and allocate resources to achieve these objectives. To contribute to the strategic assessment of need. To promote and govern excellent social work practice across the service, ensuring purposeful work with families, support networks and other professionals to safeguard children and demonstrably improve outcomes. To ensure the delivery of a social work service which is both relationship-based and responsive to the needs of children and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines. To ensure the development of a culture of learning and improvement.
The Service Manager is expected to provide leadership and vision for the continuous development of ALS, leading the strategic planning, development and management of all aspects of ALS to ensure the delivery of high quality, effective and legally compliant Adoption services.
The post holder will manage the operational relationship with Local Authorities through interaction at Service Management level and will be responsible for the line management of the team managers within ALS.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A relevant recognised Social Work Qualification required and registration with Social Work England (SWE)
- Knowledge and understanding of child development, parenting capacity, environmental factors and risk and protective factors
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory frameworks for children’s social work
- Knowledge of roles and responsibilities of key children’s agencies
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of systemic, restorative, and attachment-informed practices, methodologies and an ability to decide on the best provision for each case
- Experience of direct complex social work with children and their families in addition to formulating and implementing effective social work plans
- Experience of providing formal supervision and support to a group of team managers/social work staff, including task allocation, setting priorities, and personal development
- Experience of professional leadership, including accountability for the practice and development
- Awareness of diversity issues in adoption. Experience of addressing race disparity in adoption outcomes including the importance of appropriate therapy providers
- Experience of financial and resource management within a social care environment
- Experience of strategic planning and leadership
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to provide clear systemically-informed leadership to professional staff - understanding and commitment to “Social Work Matters” and its key principles of openness, transparency, accountability and leadership
- Ability to design and drive service improvements and embed best practice within the service
- Ability to respond proactively with all the LA’s and
- Stakeholders with transparency and open partnership
- Ability to produce high quality concise reports and have excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and be accountable for the delivery of a social work service with children and families through the management and emotionall
- ICT Skills: Proven ability to utilise technology effectively, in particular excel and with case management systems to analyse and produce quality data in a variety of formats
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Ability to work flexible hours to fit with the needs of Service - including evening and weekends as required
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Service Manager - Adopt London South
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.