- Pay Rate:
£23.23 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- HACKNEY, LONDON,
Interim Service Accountant - Finance
Job Ref: RQ614761
The postholder will provide high quality, user-focussed and proactive financial support and challenge to a range of service areas in managing their finances and delivering the efficiency programme, along with accurate and timely information to support budget-setting, budget monitoring and accounts closure
- Work with relevant budget holders to produce the three main pillars of the annual budget cycle (budget setting, regular budget monitoring, and accounts closing) accurately, to timetable and with clear audit trails of workings, across capital and revenue.
- To provide proactive, high quality and informed financial advice at all levels of operational decision making, with the necessary challenge and/or justification where necessary
- To build strong working relationships across the authority, and with external stakeholders where relevant, and particularly with the services being supported, to ensure best results in operational decisions
- To provide accurate financial information as necessary for statistical returns, Freedom of Information requests and other information requests (internal and external), as required by the services, and with service input where relevant.
- To know and apply the relevant financial controls, checks and balances in every day working, taking into account the authority’s financial standing orders and scheme of delegation, and wider legislation, and other relevant key documentation
- To deputise for the Group Accountant where necessary, including management of Accountancy Assistants in the team
- Provide project management support and finance expertise to the business on specific projects as required
- To be up-to-date on emerging issues in local government particularly in the services being supported
- To scan information for emerging financial risks in service areas and to alert managers accordingly
- To work with relevant budget holders and managers to identify solutions and mitigate against emerging financial risks
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Fully qualified AAT or part qualified CCAB and / or experience of working in an accounting environment within a large organisation
- An understanding of local government finance and local government services
- Experience of working in a customer focused management accounting environment
- Experience of cost centre management across budget setting, budget monitoring and accounts closing (capital and revenue)
- Experience of working on your own initiative, but with the judgement to identify issues which need to be referred upwards for guidance in order to minimise risk to the organisation
- Ability to make decisions through the analysis of relevant information and risk assessment
- Ability to assist budget holders in making appropriate operational decisions through the provision of the appropriate financial information
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Service Accountant - Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.