- Pay Rate:
£444.98 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
32 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Full Job Title: Interim Senior UX Designer – Clean Air Project
Reference no: MTO RQ624252
This is a Homeworking Hybrid role.
24 hrs per week (3 days) minimum with potential to be 3-5 days per week (up to 40hrs). 24 hrs per week/3 days working on Clean Air Programme, 1-2 days future Science project area (tbc).
6 months initially, potential for longer term.
This role is subject to BPSS requirements.
As Senior UX Designer working primarily on Clean Air Project, you’ll ensure that the design of the programme is useful, useable and desirable. You'll champion and advocate for the user, to work out the best way to let users interact with the service via iterative research and design cycles.
You'll work collaboratively as part of a predominately scientific team to ensure that the product meets user and business needs. You will be an experienced practitioner who works with minimal support and can influence and mentor others, work autonomously in driving UX work in this area and helping the wider team to understand where UX brings value.
- Work with the team to understand assumptions of 4th tool (compare) from team/SME and create into MVP prototype designs to test.
- Work with the team to understand assumptions from team/SME of overall application and create into MVP prototype designs to test.
- Consolidate current 3 tools UX work, done to date, into comprehensive UX deliverables.
- Test the MVP with users and bring insight back into iterative designs.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Prototyping. You are experienced in using a variety of methods of prototyping. You know how to share best practice and can coach others. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
- Strategic thinking. You understand what problem the team is trying to solve. You can align user research activities to inform decision making and action. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
- User focus. You know how to give direction on which tools or methods to use. You are experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels. You can bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business. You know how to apply strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user. (Relevant skill level: expert)
- Communication skills. You can listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders, and interpret them in a way that is clear for both audiences. You know how to manage stakeholder expectations. You can be flexible and you are capable of proactive and reactive communication. You know how to facilitate difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
- Analysis and synthesis. You understand and can help teams apply a range of methods to conduct, analyse and synthesise findings. You know how to engage and involve the team in analysis and synthesis. Can present clear, evidence-led findings that colleagues can understand and use to inform decision-making. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
- Evidence-led research skills. You understand and have experience of user research methods. You know when to use those methods and how to apply them correctly. Can apply techniques for iterative usability testing, analysis and synthesis of research findings. Knows how to involve their team in research and build shared understanding.
- Leadership and guidance. Able to make decisions characterised by medium levels of risk and complexity (ie affecting team/project/product) and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase. Able to build consensus between services or independent stakeholders. Able to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them. Engages in varying types of feedback choosing the right type at the appropriate time and ensuring the discussion and decision sticks. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
- Community collaboration. You know how to work collaboratively within a group, actively networking with others and varying feedback for the appropriate time to ensure the discussion sticks. You can use your initiative to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior UX Designer – Clean Air Project
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.