- Pay Rate:
£444.98 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
Interim Senior User Experience Designer
Job Ref: RQ608370
We are seeking a Senior User Experience (UX) Lead who will ensure that the design of our weather forecasting systems is useful, useable, and desirable. You'll champion and advocate for the user, to work out the best way to let users interact with our systems via iterative research and design cycles. You'll work collaboratively as part of Agile teams, and the wider business, to ensure that systems meet user and business needs
- Proactively drive iterative ‘research to design’ cycle in projects, interacting with end users to provide insight into user requirements and guiding design decisions
- Take an active role in specialist teams (ie daily scrums, sprint planning etc) and gather information about requirements, as part of an Agile team.
- Research and share insight as appropriate UX deliverables such as; user stories, personas, and storyboards, user journeys, wireframes as well as determine information architecture etc
- Translate concepts into wireframes, prototypes (high and low fidelity) and user flows using specialist tools such as Axure/InVision/Figma (or similar) and Adobe products.
- Plan, conduct and analyse remote and on-site user research and usability testing with real users to ensure the end-product design provides users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement.
- Apply your expertise of research-led UX design and user-research principles. Analysing findings and communicating insight to make evidence-led recommendations and inform decision making.
- Facilitate and guide the team to adopt user-centric design approaches, principles and good practice contributing a ‘human insights’ perspective to team understanding
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experienced in using a variety of methods and specialist tools such as Axure/InVision/Figma (or similar) and Adobe products for prototyping
- Experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels
- Able to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them
- Identify and compare the best UX processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior User Experience Designer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.