- Pay Rate:
up to £388.50 per day PAYE, depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 10-12 months
- North Greenwich, London,
Interim Senior Test Analyst – Software Testing
Job Ref: TL 0005 6709 / 1
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
Standard DBS required for this role
The Senior Test Analyst is responsible for the creation and execution of all forms of software testing throughout the agile development lifecycle of revenue, online, and corporate systems. The role holder provides expertise to ensure that the software produced meets quality expectations.
- Work with Technology Development and partners to ensure all software is tested to the right level using Agile practices
- Craft test cases and execute the test strategy using pre-defined testing methodologies, ensuring that there is traceability between the testing implementation and the requirements / acceptance criteria
- Ensure that automated test activities are conducted in preference to manual testing where feasible and more efficient
- Ensure that all application & technology testing is carried out in accordance with defined testing standards
- Build and execute manual, automation or non-functional test cases and ensure that test status, risks and issues are reported in a timely manner
- Craft, validate and report defects in accordance with the defect life cycle documented in the Test Strategy
- Analyse Non-functional requirements and liaise with Architects and provide inputs to the Nonfunctional test strategy
- Work with 3rd parties to provide or give Test Assurance on deliverables.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- c# automation experience - 5+ yrs
- Azure experience - 2+ yrs
- Overall testing experience - 5+ yrs
- Extensive experience of collaborating with software development teams in multi-vendor environments.
- Extensive experience of leading the testing of complex systems under significant pressures of time and cost.
- Extensive experience working in Agile scrum teams, large-scale scrum experience (desirable).
- Broad experience of the full systems development life cycle in an agile environment.
- Broad experience in Automation (performance testing experience desirable).
- Broad experience in test artefacts such as test case and defects.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills including ability to explain complex information with agile development teams including the test design and defect reporting.
- Agile Scrum methodology - BDD with Specflow.(Gherkin/cucumber).
- Full stack automation testing best practices.
- C# object orientated programming (Java also considered).
- RESTful APIs.
- Mobile testing.
- Different test types and shift left testing.
- Accessibility and compatibility testing techniques.
- Micro service and serverless cloud architecture with Azure or AWS .
- A good view for full system end-to-end testing.
- Testing with tools/libraries such as Selenium Webdriver, HTTPClient, Pact.io, Postman, JMeter, Appium.
- Strong analytical, analytical skills and good attention to detail.
- Strong automation testing skills; able to implement robust test frameworks for front-ends and APIs.
- Strong manual exploratory testing skills.
- Can manage builds and releases in Azure DevOps.
- Ability to analyse complex systems, spot trends, draw conclusions, and produce specifications and decisions .
- Exposure to automation or performance testing tools like Selenium Webdriver, Appium, Visual Studio Load test, HP Load Runner, IBM Rational Performance Tester etc.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Test Analyst – Software Testing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.