- Pay Rate:
£24.29 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- HACKNEY, London,
Interim Senior Strategic Planner – Development Control
Reference no: Hackney RQ585703
The post holder will have lead responsibility and accountability for the following:
- To be responsible for strategic planning and research tasks that enable the successful delivery of the Local Plan, Area Action Plans and other planning policy projects.
- To be a lead case officer on the identification, development and implementation of strategic and corporately important capital projects and associated work which actively contribute to the delivery of high quality physical, economic and social regeneration in the borough and the wider sub-region.
- Leading on a range of Strategic Planning project work, providing and co-ordinating the necessary technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to time, budget and specification, inclusive of, but not exclusive to:
- Project initiation,
- Project management,
- Project implementation,
- Working closely with developers/contractors on site,
- Feasibility studies, options appraisals and risk assessments,
- Preparation of consultants’ briefs, negotiation of contracts with consultants and developer partners,
- Production of master planning and socio-economic, physical regeneration documents,
- Sourcing and bidding for funding opportunities and ensuring it is effectively and efficiently carried out.
- Ensuring the timely and meaningful engagement of public stakeholders in the above processes and ensure compliance with Government legislation.
- To be a lead officer for the Authority in a broad range of planning policy and projects being delivered by the Strategic Planning Team.
- To work across directorates, in partnership with residents, and partner developers to coordinate the delivery of development projects.
- To be a supervisor within the Strategic Planning Policy Team reporting to the Strategic Planning Deputy Manager and to deputise for the Deputy Manager as required.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A relevant qualification in Town Planning and eligibility for membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Proven experience of effective project management of a wide range of planning policy documents and projects factoring in risk management, mitigation and contingency planning.
- Proven experience of producing planning policy documents, spatial planning documents and design guidance for site and areas.
- Experience of leading on complex planning projects, providing and co-ordinating the necessary technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered on time, to budget and specification.
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders, including negotiation on complex planning projects to secure community benefits.
- Experience of the procurement process.
- Experience of ensuring the delivery of planning projects and programmes within agreed timescales and with quality outcomes.
- Experience of delivering an effective community engagement and consultation programmes
- Experience of presenting to and liaising with elected members to deliver planning policy projects.
- A thorough understanding of current planning policy and extensive knowledge of up to date issues regarding the legislative, policy and procedural frameworks within which the Planning service operates. In particular extensive knowledge of planning and regeneration in a multi-cultural inner city context.
- Able to understand technical issues relevant to complex Capital Projects such as viability, infrastructure delivery and land assembly
- Political awareness and an understanding of the role of members in taking forward local planning documents
- A working knowledge of IT systems relevant to the Service (e.g. Word processing, Planning Databases and GIS)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Strategic Planner – Development Control
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.