- Pay Rate:
£23.58 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 - 5 months
- Oxford, Oxfordshire,
Full Job Title: Interim Senior Sen Officer - Children's Services
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5227624
Pay Rate: £23.58 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 4 - 5 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role
Office based and includes working across the County.
To ensure that all Statutory processes are completed in the timeframes set out in the Code of Practice
To support the PfA Lead Officer to ensure that the strategic aims for young people with special educational needs are met within the legislative frameworks.
To take lead responsibility for advising parents, schools, colleges and providers in implementing SEND decisions, managing expectations, issues and arising disputes on these decisions.
To lead and manage the Tribunal process for all PfA cases to ensure that all deadline dates are met and that all case preparation is in line with Tribunal rules.
Duties to include:
- Managing and overseeing the whole assessment and placement process for young people Yr 9 and above, ensuring that each assessment is handled efficiently and within statutory deadlines, ensuring each EHC plan issued is of high quality
- Leading and attending Way Forward, Mediation and pre-Tribunal meetings as required. Being the LA representative at Tribunals, unless legal representation is required
- Providing professional support and advice (including training where required) to Headteachers, Principles of Colleges, SENCO’s, Governing bodies/Academy Trust, to ensure that they are compliant with the Code of Practice and Disability Discrimination Act
- Ensuring that the planning process for 14+ Transition is in place and reviewed with the PfA Lead Officer to ensure it is compliant with legislation. Monitoring placements, attending annual and transition reviews as necessary to ensure that the pupil’s needs are met, the Local Authority is receiving value for money and to take responsibility to involve other professionals. This may include acting as Lead Professional/Officer
- Ensuring that all records for students are maintained and up to date at all times. This will ensure that an audit trail of involvement is kept and is able to be produced if required
- Working with SEN officers to ensure that all paperwork produced for SEN Panels is accurate and contains up to date information required to ensure that decisions can be made swiftly
- Producing reports for PFA Lead Officer/Head of SEND as required to ensure that Senior Leaders are updated at all times
- Ensuring and maintaining effective communication with key statutory and voluntary sector partners. This to include attendance at case conference, planning meetings and child protection case conferences.
- Ensuring that you are always up to date on changes to Legislation, changes to policies and procedures and ensure that all staff are aware of these changes
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level or above (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of the SEND Code of Practice and relevant Legislation
- Experience of working with Children & Young people with SEND, their families and professionals
- A high level of understanding of SEND processes and case management, to ensure that the timelines set out in the Code of practice are adhered to at all times
- Experience at working in a multi- professional environment and being able to coordinate responses as required
- Ability to lead and manage a team, ensuring that the team priorities are met at all times
- Excellent communication skills, in particular, writing letters, dealing with complaints, writing reports and undertaking difficult telephone calls
- In-depth Knowledge of the SEND Tribunal process, including the ability to write case statements and be the lead professional at Tribunal hearings
- Ability to travel across the County as required
- Knowledge and experience of using the Capita ONE system, including the use of all Microsoft applications
- Ability to work on your own initiative
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Sen Officer – Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.