- Pay Rate:
£28.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 24 months
Interim Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Ref: 0006 1C59 / 1
The role of the Project Quantity Surveyor is to undertake a full range of pre and post contract Quantity Services for large and complex projects. To assist the wider team in the development and implementation of the financial management and procurement of the Council’s construction programme
- Provision of the full range of quantity surveying services to the client’s team
- Work unsupervised to cost manage construction projects in the region of £5million
- Act in the role of Project Quantity Surveyor
- Prepare bills of quantities, contract sum analysis, specifications and all tender documents
- Analyse tenders received, make recommendations and prepare tender reports
- Prepare contract documentation for signing, using JCT forms of contracts
- Undertake interim valuations
- Manage variation and change orders, prepare regular financial statements and monitor expenditure
- Assess and agree contractor’s claim throughout the contract
- Provide advice on contractual matters
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS)
- Knowledge of tender procurement methods and tender production
- Knowledge and understanding of construction techniques and materials
- Demonstrable experience post MRICS qualification
- Demonstrable experience of JCT forms of contract inc Intermediate, Minor Works and Design and Build
- Ability to carry out the full range Quantity Surveying and Cost Management activities (both pre and post construction phases on medium and large projects in excess of £5million)
- Ability to assess contractors claims for loss and expense, settling contractor’s claims and final accounts
- Ability to set up and manage cost monitoring/management spread sheets (Excel)
- Computer literate; Ability to use IT systems; Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Quantity Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.