- Pay Rate:
£22.04 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Full Job Title: Interim Senior Project Officer – Local Bus Services
Reference no: Derbyshire 5206544
The rate reflects the Council's current salary rate. However this is negotiable based on market rates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV.
Only professionals who have local bus experience and knowledge will be considered.
The key duties of the post include:
- Overall management of the Local Bus team including management responsibility for staff members including direct reports
- Highways and infrastructure matters relating to bus services, including managing the team delivering the bus service capital programme
- Bus service data, information & marketing
- Ticketing, including the Derbyshire Gold Card (English National Concessionary Travel Scheme) and the b_line young person’s concessionary scheme
- Local bus service provision, including managing Derbyshire’s contracted local bus services and partnership working with local bus operators to develop commercial bus services in Derbyshire
- Liaison with neighbouring authorities on cross boundary services
- Procurement and contract management oversight
- Budget monitoring and financial reporting
- Providing input and technical support into strategic matters, including most recently Derbyshire’s Bus Service Improvement Plan and Enhanced Partnership.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- EITHER degree or post graduate qualification in transportation planning ore related subject plus substantial post qualification experience in a related discipline OR demonstrable extensive experience at a senior level in a relevant discipline
- Experience of developing and implementing public transport policies and strategies , particularly relating to the provision of public transport services
- Experience of the preparation of briefs and the management of contracts
- Setting targets, monitoring performance and managing budgets
- Experience of preparing complex reports and presenting them to senior management and elected members
- Knowledge and understanding of the public transport industry at policy and strategy level
- In-depth knowledge of the passenger transportation industry and relevant legislation
- An understanding and appreciation of the differing needs of various users of the transport system
- Knowledge and understanding of two or more of the following areas: 1) LTP system, transportation packages and other funding programmes; 2) Statutory procedures relating to transport projects; 3) Rail operations; 4) Taxi operations
- Local authority financial procedures
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Project Officer – Local Bus Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.