- Pay Rate:
up to £21.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Interim Senior Project Officer
Job Ref: 5207715
To support the commissioning cycle within LCC to enable it to be successfully implemented and deliver the expected benefits. The work may cover all aspects of commissioning but for the most part the post holder will be leading or managing projects with whole service or county–wide impact or leading LCCs most complex projects
- Performance Improvement To lead work primarily with senior managers to provide critical challenge, facilitation and support to help their areas improve and plan for that improvement.
- Business Improvement To work with service managers on the most complex projects to review current service delivery and work with them to develop effective solutions.
- Analyse To analyse the most complex data and information on performance and utilise relevant approaches to help improve it including statistical analysis, benchmarking, target setting etc.
- Consultation To support relevant consultation activities forming part of any project including ensuring compliance with legal obligations.
- Benefits identification and management To lead on working with LCCs most senior managers to develop all aspects of the post holders own or someone else’s projects to include benefits strategy on the most complex projects.
- Change Management To help LCC managers make the changes they need to deliver the benefits they anticipate by managing the most complex projects and workstreams and advising individual managers.
- Managing Projects To carry out or lead on all aspects of Project Management (PM) such as Business Case development, financial modelling and budget management, stakeholder management, project planning and control, benefit development, change management plans up until and including implementation on the most complex projects
- Assurance To support all aspects of the assurance approach including preparation and participation in reviews including of the most complex projects.
- Performance Monitoring To contribute to the development, implementation and ongoing effectiveness of performance management across the Council.
- Team Member As a member of the Commercial Team, contribute to the development and maintenance of Team processes and documents and provide a variety of ad hoc support direct to customers as required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant and recognised specialist qualification (such as an appropriate degree) or demonstrable and evidenced experience in a relevant specialist area
- At least 2 years demonstrable and relevant experience across most of the diverse range of knowledge needed for the role
- Proven experience in managing large business improvement projects
- Demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders to gain ownership for a shared vision and direction and deliver results
- Able to motivate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve improvements in performance and changes in culture and practice
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Project Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.