- Pay Rate:
£26.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9-10 months
Full Job Title: Interim Senior Project Manager – New Homes
Reference no: Basildon RQ567391
This is a senior post within the Landlord Services Department and the postholder will head up the Programmed Works team, which is responsible for the delivery of major cyclical and planned programmes of work to the Council’s housing stock and related assets.
- To be responsible for delivering all cyclical, programmed and improvement programmes to the housing stock, together with individual projects, on time and within set budgets.
- Lead, manage and motivate the Programmed Works team to deliver an effective, innovative and quality service to all stakeholders and customers.
- To be a member of the Property Services Management Team with the responsibility of delivering the Council’s strategic housing asset management function.
- To develop departmental strategy and business policy where relevant
- To ensure high standards of governance are maintained
- To develop a resource plan for delivering the major programmes and projects
- To manage the team effectively to ensure delivery to programme.
- To chair monthly project progress review, formal consultation meetings such as Core Group and regular team meetings
- To coach Project Manager - Team Leaders, including holding regular one to ones
- To liaise with the Asset Strategy team to understand the next year and 5 year work load requirements and to ensure there is a clear programme of works for annual delivery and a budget for the programme and each element within the programme
- Liaising with other Managers in Landlord Services to ensure business objectives are met
- To liaise with the Council’s Procurement and Legal teams to ensure timely award of contracts and contract letting,
- To maintain an up to date Process and Project Manual for guidance on governance and operational delivery.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to Degree level
- Relevant professional qualification in related discipline, e.g. architecture, construction, engineering, building surveying
- Significant experience in a senior role of building and leading a programme delivery team
- Experience of working in a technical management/supervisory role, including leading a team to deliver high standards of service
- Have experience of delivering major cyclical maintenance and capital works in the region of £20 million pa.
- Direct experience of managing projects up to £3 million in a client/contractor environment
- Experience of JCT contracts
- Experience of TPC and PPC contracts
- Skills & Abilities:
- Making presentations at Council or Board Level
- Able to communicate to a high standard effectively with all stakeholders in an effective manner
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to work to tight timescales and budgets in difficult circumstances
- Ability to plan projects effectively
- Good people manager who is technically competent and able to inspire
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages and experience of MS Project
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Project Manager – New Homes
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.