- Pay Rate:
£37 per hour PAYE TBC
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Senior/Principal Planning Officer
Reference no: BBC (HQ) 9449
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
A Planning Officer is required to undertake assessments of major green belt applications to determination and present to the planning committee.
Duties of the post will also include assessment of minor majors and some ad hoc others, and supporting the DM Manager by signing off delegated reports/ support to DM team planning officers.
As an experienced development management planning officer, you will be dealing with a full range of planning applications, but you will be focused on larger or more complex schemes, supporting senior management and mentoring junior members of the team.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Current relevant extensive GB experience in planning applications which can be demonstrated.
- Highly motivated and possess strong communication skills.
- Experience in managing consultees, working alongside Legal officers and 1st Tier Authority stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Uniform database.
- Able to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Good team support at all levels.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior/Principal Planning Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.