- Pay Rate:
£23.07 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- SOUTHWARK, LONDON,
Interim Senior Policy & Programme Officer
Job Ref: 0006 0B1E / 1
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the Future Neighbourhoods 2030 programme by providing project management assistance, working closely with the policy, strategy and communications lead for the programme and a project management apprentice. The post holder will be responsible for project planning, documentation, implementation, and evaluation. This includes budget management, monitoring and reporting, risk management, contract management, claims management, procurement, and project evaluation. The post holder will provide the day-to-day contact with the Future Neighbourhoods 2030 project delivery partners and external stakeholders. They will also assist with the project management of FN2030 grant requests
- Provide project management support for the Future Neighbourhoods 2030 programme.
- Support the management of a portfolio of environment work and on certain, agreed, Mayoral projects and programmes.
- Assist in the management of projects that are carried out either internally and externally, either for the Authority or by the Authority on behalf of other organisations, including procuring and managing consultants and contractors.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of communications on technical and policy matters with international organisations, Government departments, the London Boroughs, and other organisations in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Help build new and maintain existing partnerships to assist in delivery of initiatives to implement the Mayor’s policies and programmes including negotiating funding.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships within and outside the Authority and with the Functional Bodies in order to ensure that opportunities for integration and inter-disciplinary working are realised.
- Contribute to the provision of advice, written and oral, to the Mayor and his staff, senior managers, Members of the Assembly, and Functional Bodies, staff, government departments, London-based and national organisations on environmental matters.
- Prepare responses to questions and correspondence to the Mayor and from Assembly members, Government departments and other organisations in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Build and maintain an up-to-date awareness of legislative, technical and policy changes in the environment field.
- Gather and assist to analyse effectively of relevant data and evidence to ensure that strategy, policy, projects and programmes are developed with a solid evidence base and are capable of evaluation.
- Carry out all roles allocated to the job in accordance with the Authority’s policies and Code of Ethics and Standards
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good understanding of contract management
- Project management experience
- Experience of managing projects on time, to agreed quality standards and within budget
- Ability to manage external stakeholders to deliver agreed milestones
- Ability to work as part of a team
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Policy & Programme Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.