- Pay Rate:
£30.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- CATFORD, LONDON,
Interim Senior Planning Officer
Job Ref: Lewisham 0006 5934 / 1
An experienced planning enforcement officer to undertake all relevant duties - serving notices, carrying out site visits, taking care of a caseload, investigating breaches of planning regulation
- Dealing with applications for planning permission from developers, members of the public and their agents, including more complex schemes and/or major developments
- Undertaking a detailed assessment of applications; meeting applicants or their agents to discuss applications or draft proposals and providing advice in respect of the Council’s policies; undertaking negotiations to ensure schemes accord with policy
- Preparation of appeal statements, responses to appellants statements, proofs of evidence and attendance at Public Inquiries and hearings as the Local Planning Authority’s planning witness
- Preparation of delegated reports and reports to planning committee
- To negotiate necessary developer contributions in line with council policies through Section 106 legal agreements
- To attend Planning Committee, Working Parties, or other relevant meetings to present reports/recommendations and represent the service
- Providing pre-application advice to agents, architects, developers and applicants on all forms of planning proposals
- To adhere to all corporate and service based policies, including GDPR, Health and Safety and equal opportunities
- Positively demonstrate awareness and support to the Council’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and to protect adults at risk
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Planning or a relevant subject
- Excellent knowledge of planning legislation, regulations, policy and practice
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of social, economic and environmental issues facing rural areas and market towns
- Experience of managing a complex and high volume planning caseload
- Good experience of leading planning negotiations
- Ability to plan, project manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines and to manage changing and conflicting priorities as necessary
- Ability to seek, evaluate and organise information to aid decision making
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Planning Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.