- Pay Rate:
up to £40.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim Senior Planning Officer
Job Ref: 5208472
Acting under delegated powers, to be responsible for the processing of applications, appeals and enforcement action within the district
- To process planning applications and pre-application enquiries in negotiation with applicants, professional agents and consultees.
- To determine planning applications acting under delegated powers and to sign decision notices.
- To be responsible for dealing with planning appeals.
- To be responsible for enforcement action and the monitoring of planning conditions.
- To assist the Planning Policy Unit as appropriate in the preparation of complex Development Plan Documents and Supplementary Planning Documents.
- To provide corporate advice on major regeneration initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- To act as Duty Officer and attend the Community Offices in liaison with the Customer Service Centre.
- To regularly attend meetings with external stakeholders including Parish Councils and other community interests.
- To undertake responsibilities and duties delegated by the Lead Officer / Chief Planning Officer.
- To present applications to meetings of the Council’s Planning Committee to present recommendation and reasons for decisions and to advise on points of planning policy and answer questions raised by members. To liaise with District Councillors throughout the determination of planning applications, appeals and enforcement cases
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Corporate Member of the RTPI or in the final year of working towards eligibility for Licentiate Membership
- At least 3 years experience in all aspects of Development Management
- Proven experience in processing complex/major planning applications
- Relevant experience in dealing with planning appeals & enforcement
- Ability to plan & organise work effectively
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Planning Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.