- Pay Rate:
£21.24 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Senior Planning Compliance Officer – Development Management
Job Ref: Elmbridge RQ640127
The carrying out of site visits and investigations outside of office hours and at weekends is occasionally required, together with appearance at hearings, public inquiries, committees and Court.
To assist the Development Manager in the management of the Compliance Team. The post holder will be for allocating work, supervising and motivating the compliance officers. They will provide professional guidance and direction to the team, and to advise on specific problems and issues. They will ensure that development is carried out in accordance with approved plans and that conditions imposed on planning permissions are complied with to secure compliance with the decisions of the planning authority.
- Allocate investigations, monitor compliance officer’s workloads and advise compliance officers during investigations.
- Fully research the history of the subject site and assess plans and other documentation for evidence of any breach of planning control.
- Visit sites and survey developments to record evidence of any breach of planning control and to interview members of the public, owners and occupiers of the land as necessary.
- Negotiate compliance with planning controls as appropriate.
- Prepare reports to recommend appropriate courses of action as appropriate.
- Issue instructions, serve notices, prepare statements and collate plans, documents and statements which may be produced as evidence.
- Prepare and present evidence for written representation appeals, informal hearings, Public Inquiries and Court hearings as appropriate.
- Respond to enquiries and correspondence from Members, other officers, members of the public and other interested parties.
- Work with the Development Manager and other appropriate Officers to deliver selected proactive enforcement projects.
- Work with the Development Manager and other appropriate Officers, organisations or individuals to increase and improve public liaison for planning enforcement.
- Provide enforcement support, as required across Planning Services.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree in Planning or other appropriate professional qualification in Planning Enforcement.
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute and its Enforcement Network.
- Significant experience of planning enforcement and related procedures and tools.
- Experience of interviewing and taking statements from members of the public.
- Experience of on-site investigation, collecting information, measuring development, monitoring and research into documentary records.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and programme workloads to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret technical plans and drawings.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation and Government guidance, including PACE and RIPA.
- Ability to provide a high-quality service to customers.
- Ability to explain policies and processes to persuade and negotiate solutions with landowners/agents.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Planning Compliance Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.