- Pay Rate:
£23.50 per hour, PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Brixton, London,
Interim Senior Planner X3 – Planning
Reference no: Lambeth RQ677084
Pay rate: £23.50 per hour, PAYE
The post-holder will assist in providing a high quality, customer-focused planning service by dealing efficiently and effectively with planning applications and planning inquiries and by making a positive contribution toward the achievement of high performance and cost effective service. They will contribute to the review and formulation of planning policies and site development proposals.
- Deal with a range of planning applications including: shopfront, householder, crossover, advert and lawful development applications, beginning with adverts, simple householder extensions and Lawful Development Certificates for proposed development, minor changes of use and conversions, listed building consents and accompanying planning applications, cases within conservation areas, conversions, larger and more complex changes of use and modest new build schemes, plus negotiation of all potential types of S106 agreements, including financial contributions..
- Deal with a range of development control issues, including major and complex cases, undertaking negotiations with applicants/prospective developers and representatives of other parts of the Council, as required.
- Undertake the tasks required for the accurate validation and allocation of in-coming applications up to and including smaller “major” applications.
- Contribute to the review of the Local Development Framework and the formulation of new strategic policies and site proposals.
- Prepare and present quality professional advice, briefing information and reports, to appropriate individuals and bodies as required.
- Prepare and present statements and evidence for public inquiries and informal hearings for smaller “major” appeals and in court.
- Ensure appropriate public participation on planning applications and development projects, and to analyse the results thereof.
- Provide advice to applicants and the public on planning applications and development proposals under the supervision of a more senior officer.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills:
- An RTPI-recognised degree level qualification in Town Planning or equivalent
- Eligible for Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant planning legislation, policies and procedures.
- Significant post qualification experience of relevant development control work, preferably including responsibility for dealing with a planning application caseload.
- Experience of providing planning advice to members, senior officers, developers and the public.
- Experience of processing the full range of minor and other plus smaller major applications.
- Experience of validations and case allocation of all types of application including smaller major applications.
- Experience of dealing with S106 including financial contributions.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to respond positively to enquiries from the public, Members, and others.
- Ability to co-ordinate and liaise closely with Planning Support Officers and other staff.
- High standard of report writing.
- Clear verbal communicator, including explaining technical planning information and giving advice to non-technical people.
- Good negotiating skills particularly with the public, developers, builders, architects etc.
- Ability to prioritise own work to respond successfully to frequent changes in work whilst maintaining performance.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office- Word, Excel, Oulook
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Planner X3 – Planning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.