- Pay Rate:
£31.30 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- BRIXTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Senior Operations Manager – Youth Offending Service
Reference no: Lambeth RQ669176
Pay Rate: £31.30 per hour PAYE
Prevent offending and re-offending by children and young people through the provision of effective services as required by the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008, Legal Aid, Sentencing & Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (LASPO) and related legislation and guidance.
To be responsible for the day to day operational management of the multi-agency Youth Offending Service in accordance with Council policies, procedures and national service standards.
To deputise for the Head of Service (PO9) and represent the service at external meetings as and when required. To attend meetings of the Youth Offending Service Management Board, the Local safeguarding board, the community safety partnership and present on areas of work as and when required.
To advise the Programme Director (SMG) and inform senior management of serious incidents and to take an active role in the management of risk.
To assist the Delivery Lead, with the development and delivery of the Youth Justice and YOS Improvement Plans in partnership with other agencies.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree level and/or professional qualification in a relevant discipline Social Work, Education, Probation, Police and evidence of continuing professional development i.e 3 years post qualification experience.
- And/or a recognised professional qualification relating to criminal justice/ youth offending service / community safety and evidence of professional development where no degree is held.
- A thorough working knowledge of the legislation governing the work of the Youth Offending Service, including the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, the Criminal Justice Act 1991, the Children’s Act 1989, and the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008.
- A working knowledge of the National Standards for working with young offenders, and young people at risk of offending.
- A knowledge of current research concerning the factors which place young people at risk of involvement in crime, and knowledge of Effective Practice methods.
- A proven record in developing high quality and innovative Youth Justice Services.
- To understand highly complex operations and diverse issues relating to youth justice and be able to apply technical management skills and knowledge from a range of specialist disciplines and approaches such as social work, psychology, teaching and youth work.
- Sound understanding of operations management, the design and implementation of effective practice.
- Experience of staff supervision, including task allocation, priority setting, performance management and training and development.
- Experience of establishing effective working relationships in a multi-agency environment.
- Experience of and commitment towards the implementation of anti-discriminatory practice in a multi-racial / multi-cultural environment.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Operations Manager -Youth Offending Service
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.