- Pay Rate:
£23.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- LAMBETH, LONDON,
Interim Senior Neighbourhood Housing Officer
Job Ref: RQ611746
To supervise a team of Neighbourhood Housing staff providing a comprehensive frontline housing service to Lambeth Tenants, Leaseholders and other stakeholders involving the investigation and resolution of all service requests, enquiries, complaints and disputes
- To supervise a team of Housing staff, ensuring regular 1-2-1s and appraisals, use of performance management techniques to drive up performance. To participate in the recruitment and selection process, disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence and other enquiry panels
- Directly train, or ensure that training is provided to the team on procedures and policies, contract management, use of Northgate and other IT systems
- Be responsible for ensuring that staff within the team deliver an efficient, responsive and proactive service
- Take responsibility for a geographical area as part of the management team standing in for colleagues and liaise closely with other teams as necessary.
- To supervise and co-ordinate the provision of the housing management services
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Holds a relevant professional qualification or is following a course of study
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current issues facing social housing and London local authorities
- Good understanding of housing legislation and best practice
- Experience of dealing with complex enquiries from tenants, leaseholders, members and internal and external partners
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Neighbourhood Housing Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.