- Pay Rate:
£40.13 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ESHER, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Senior Licensing Officer x2 – Environmental Services
Reference no: Elmbridge RQ646423
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Required: 2 Senior Licensing Officers to cover a wide range of licensing functions including Taxi and Private Hire, Licensing Act 2003, (Alcohol and Public entertainment), gambling which will be the the core areas of the day to day role.
This is initially for a 3 month period, but will be subject to review to consider extending for a further 3 months.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree, or a Certificate of Higher Education in Licensing Law, or other relevant licensing or legal qualification, or associated qualification, or other demonstrable competence or experience of working at this level.
- Able to interpret, apply and enforce local authority processes, statutory guidance or relevant legislation and to be confident to make decisions and determinations.
- Experience investigating offences, including gathering evidence, interviewing under caution, preparing witness statements, producing written reports, and giving evidence at court.
- Able to analyse information, identify relevant facts, and record and present information accurately. This includes preparing and presenting reports for relevant licensing committees and hearings.
- Experience working with members of the public, applicants, licensees, agents, and councillors in informal and formal settings, with ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure, and provide excellent customer services throughout
- ICT Skills: Competent in a variety of ICT hardware and software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook, and database systems
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Licensing Officer x2 – Environmental Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.