- Pay Rate:
£522.36 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Senior IT Practitioner
Job Ref: RQ591456
We require an experienced developer to work with the established Message Switching team to accelerate the adoption of Cloud based tooling used in the timely delivery of data to systems and customers across a variety of platforms
- Working with Microsoft engineers, lead a small team in developing the run model and operational processes to support the adoption of a new hybrid cloud-based data transfer solution, which is line with our mission of getting data to where is needs to be.
- Using proven industry knowledge and experience, set technical direction - making improvements to our current processes, including the telemetry and analytics from our new and existing solutions. Integrating to Azure log analytics and current logging, monitoring and alerting services where appropriate.
- Migrate a number of current data flows over to the new service, including replacing our current Cloud Transfer Service with this new system
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the area – training an OPS team, not just with the new technologies, but aligning a traditional infrastructure team with DevOPS practices and tooling
- Working with Enterprise and Solution architects, provide a pattern to catalogue our dataflows, establishing better data governance and ownership
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good understanding of big data challenges with evidence of making large data sets available via push and pull technologies
- 5+ years’ experience of using Linux, including using tools for manipulating / transforming large bodies of data
- 3+ years’ experience of software configuration/deployment with COTS solutions and/or cloud-based technologies
- Experience of working in an agile environment using Scrum or other process frameworks
- Strong Business Analysis and facilitation skills, with evidence of an organised and structured approach to work with an ability to communicate to stakeholder at all levels
- Strong in software engineering practices (including version control, automated testing and CI/CD tools)
- A team player with the drive to continuously improve yourself and those around you with significant evidence of mentoring and training less experienced IT practitioners
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior IT Practitioner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.