- Pay Rate:
£20.51 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE,
Interim Senior ICT Solutions Analyst
Job Ref: 6120713521564
To analyse business requirements and to design, configure, implement and maintain ICT solutions in respect of specific areas of technical and service responsibility
- To assume responsibility for specific ICT solutions, technology or aspects of the ICT service life-cycle as assigned by management to enable the delivery of strategic and business objectives of the City Council and other customers as required.
- To participate in the planning, development, implementation and operational maintenance of ICT solutions, including the management of risks and the identification of resources and skills.
- To participate in the development, implementation and embedding of ICT service standards, processes and procedures, including the implementation and maintenance of service management software and toolkits.
- To participate in the definition and maintenance of the service catalogue, configuration management database and change management procedures and associated service management software and toolkits and to contribute to the establishment, maintenance and review of operational methods, procedures and tools.
- To participate in the procurement of ICT software, hardware and services as required.
- To implement, configure and manage technology and resources efficiently and effectively to enable the ICT business continuity and disaster recovery plans of schools, the City Council and other customers as required.
- To develop the capacity and capability of the ICT workforce through the identification of required and available skills, the mentoring of staff and by contributing to workforce learning, development and succession planning.
- To be aware of service standards and key performance indicators (KPIs) and to ensure that work is delivered in accordance with defined targets and outcomes.
- To assist in the recruitment of ICT staff as required.
- To represent ICT Services internally and externally as required and to participate in meeting the Division’s business and service objectives
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent experience in Enterprise IT/IS or business related subject
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the use of management information in improving services
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of standards and policies within an ICT support environment
- Effective communication skills delivered orally and in writing, with a diverse range of people
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior ICT Solutions Analyst
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.