- Pay Rate:
£26.88 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- HACKNEY, LONDON,
Interim Senior Health & Safety Adviser
Job Ref: Hackney RQ660581
Pay Rate: £26.88 per hour PAYE
The post holder is responsible for the effective delivery of services that will achieve continuous improvement in the safe management of risk from asbestos and asbestos containing materials for Hackney Council in accordance with Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. To establish arrangements for the management of asbestos in Council premises including the carrying out of assessments of the premises to identify likely asbestos containing materials (ACM’s), maintaining a register of the type, condition, location and level of risk associated with the material and implement a plan for the management of those materials
- To provide the Council with expert knowledge and skills in order to engender and promote a positive Safety culture in relation to asbestos risks.
- To be responsible for informing and advising on Council Policy for Managing Asbestos, Asbestos legislation and monitoring its implementation within the Council
- Eliminating or reducing the risk of asbestos within Council properties
- The provision and maintenance of appropriate asbestos registers and management plans for Council Properties containing ACM’s
- When work is liable to expose workers to asbestos, to evaluate the risk of exposure and identify and implement appropriate control measures defined in a plan of work
- Ensure that any licensed work and air monitoring is carried out by suitably accredited persons using the approved standard method.
- Ensuring that any ACM’s being removed are properly stored pending transport and disposal by licensed contractors.
- Generating appropriate KPI’s and management reports for senior managers regarding the management of asbestos within the Council.
- Providing appropriate information on ACM’s to managers, employees and employee representatives
- Support the implementation of “Safe Systems of Work” with emphasis on contractors working for the Council.
- Monitoring the delivery of remedial work identified in the asbestos survey reports and risk assessments
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A current qualification in Asbestos safety management e.g. Certification of Competence in Asbestos, Asbestos Management Diploma or equivalent
- Constantly keeps up to date with professional knowledge, expertise and best practice
- Experience to maximise the use and application of information technology and systems
- Experience of researching, preparing, writing concise reports, policy and procedures and presents information to different audience on property related issues
- Ability to promote a culture of learning and development amongst staff, managers and external employers
- Able to demonstrate a track record of effective communication at all levels
- The ability to apply knowledge and experience within the context of organisational culture, corporate objectives and customer needs
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Health & Safety Adviser
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.