- Pay Rate:
£24.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- NORTH KENSINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Senior Estate Manager (With Portfolio) x2 – Housing Management
Reference no: K&C 5206205
Managing 3 Estate Managers and own Ward Caretaking Team providing frontline cleaning & caretaking service. Must have strong people, performance management skills and desire to improve services for residents.
You will organize and manage an Estatecare Service Team to ensure estates and properties under your control are kept clean, tidy, safe and provide enhanced amenity for residents through the delivery of a multi-functional service of the highest standard (both directly and through contractors). The service will have a strong emphasis on customer care and resident involvement to shape the scope and delivery of service.
To agree, monitor, modify and report on all relevant financial, quality, safety, staffing and service delivery objectives within the teams you manage
To maintain an estate presence and supervise estate staff to ensure services are performed to the highest standard and safe working practices are followed.
To line manage team staff timekeeping, attendance, absence, behaviour and performance effectively in accordance with RBKC procedures
- Line managing a frontline team and motivating a group of Estate Managers to ensure they provide effective support and supervision to their frontline Caretaker and mobile Estate Operative staff maintaining a safe, clean, and high-quality external environment on estates and other locations
- Managing performance of grounds, waste management and other contracted services for the areas you cover
- Monitoring report/service activity and devising methods to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, data governance, regulatory standards, internal processes and protocols, and in particular health & safety provisions, ensuring staff within your team operate safely
- Managing expenditure to ensure your team always operate within budgets provided and seek to improve VFM
- Overseeing the delivery of Team Leader’s portfolios and ensuring standards and objectives are met and records are maintained timely and accurately.
- Ensuring working practices are managed consistently and effectively across the team and understood by all staff including frontline staff.
- Managing staff in accordance with Council procedures and complaints where they arise.
To be a representative of RBKC during the performance of duties, liaising with customers, staff and third parties. (Portfolio): cross cutting duties for the benefit of all the team that are best delivered as a portfolio to save duplication and ensure control/consistency.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Personal Focus:
- Efficient in use of time and works in a well structured way
- Performs effectively by keeping emotions under control, especially in stressful and difficult situations
- Business Focus:
- Able to carry out, supervise, monitor and direct operatives work to ensure operational procedures are followed and Health & Safety requirements are met.
- Able to provide effective induction training and coaching of staff in all aspects of their work and ensure they carry out their work in a timely and effective manner. Able to motivate and lead staff.
- Able to monitor quantities of materials and stock held by estate and mobile staff for the performance of operational duties, and ensure equipment and stock are accounted for and held safe and secure during and after completion of daily work.
- People Focus:
- Listens, anticipates and seeks to exceed the expectations and needs of our customers
- Builds and maintains good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Manages and motivates people to willingly achieve the aims of the organisation
- Consistently works to a high standard and seeks to continually improve
- Encourages the contribution of others and takes their views in to account
- Understands and adapts to the needs of vulnerable residents and people with special needs
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- *** Experience, Knowledge & Skills that match the Job Description above – please ensure these are clearly shown in your CV.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Estate Manager (With Portfolio) x2 – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.