- Pay Rate:
£24.22 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Senior Engineer - Structures Team
Job Ref: RQ601869
This role will be responsible for the inspection of structures, planning and organising structural inspections, ensuring the safe delivery of inspections using WSCCs Framework providers for provision of access equipment and traffic management. The role will also include identifying maintenance works to structures and supervising minor construction works. There will be some interaction with members of the public, for example, dealing with customer complaints and queries
- Managing team members carrying out the structural design and assessment for major maintenance, improvement or strengthening of existing structures and the design of new structures using current codes of practice and European standards
- Managing a number of structural maintenance/strengthening projects you will prepare and review Approval in Principle documents and detailed design packages in accordance with the Design manual for Roads and Bridges
- Preparing contract documents, procurement activities and contract administration and supervising other team members carrying out these activities
- Attending sites to check construction is being carried out in accordance with approved designs, drawings and specifications
- Working with others to resolve non-compliance issues you will be responsible for managing specialist consultants, reviewing and checking the output of the in house team and specialist external consultants and recommend to the Structures Manager whether to sign off the outputs
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HND/Degree level qualification or equivalent level of experience in Civil Engineering (or related discipline)
- Significant knowledge of the design Manual for Roads and Bridges and the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works
- Significant experience in the design of highway and open space structures
- Significant experience in the inspection of structures being built
- Experience of dealing with external agencies and partners
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Engineer - Structures Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.