- Pay Rate:
£28.61 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Senior Development Surveyor
Job Ref: RQ610961
Under the direct supervision of the Property Investment Manager and in consultation with the Council’s appointed agents, to identify, recommend and take forward land opportunities within South Gloucestershire to support key objectives for the area. This will involve the exploration of all forms of land interests including acquisition, options, joint ventures
- Give technical advice and guidance, support and training to colleagues to ensure that performance objectives are achieved, team work is effective, colleagues are supported the team is technically capable and technical work is carried out satisfactorily. If relevant: allocate and check the work of colleagues in same service areas.
- Where relevant organise and control the work and budget of teams in specialist areas, to achieve Council targets and standards and to co-ordinate the contribution of expertise.
- Develop innovative solutions to technical issues ensuring that appropriate solutions are proposed and successfully implemented. Consult on issues with wider implications whilst adhering to service regulations and codes of practice.
- Influence and input to the preparation of plans and budgets for services, taking account of external developments and priorities. Ensure that work is completed to set time scales.
- Contribute to the development of and implement and monitor policies and procedures in own specialist areas ensuring they are up to date, relevant and useful. Interpret the latest legislation, regulations and codes of practice and ensure they are applied consistently.
- Provide expert advice to customers and partners on major issues in own specialist areas. Ensuring that effective customer relationships are established and maintained, advice is prompt and useful and the Council is aware of implications, risks and benefits.
- Preparation and presentation of reports ensuring that they are completed on time and meet Council guidelines. Ensure a clear summary of issues and implications is produced. Represent the Council’s and advocate the Council’s interest.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies, regulations and codes of practice. Enforce decisions and implement them.
- Contribute to identifying and securing adequate resources to support service projects.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree in Estate management or equivalent, Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, General Practice Division
- Knowledge of the various methods of marketing, disposal and acquisition of land and buildings
- Knowledge of Planning procedures
- Post qualification experience working in a commercial organisation or local authority
- Ability to work on own, prioritise work and deliver projects
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Development Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.