- Pay Rate:
£380.34 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 6 months until further notice
Interim Senior Commissioning Manager – Home Care
Reference no: Tower Hamlets RQ645644
A Commissioning Officer is required to take the lead in the commissioning and quality monitoring of homecare provision in the area.
The post will see the candidate undertake tasks such as overseeing a live procurement process, line management of a team of staff involved in the contract and quality monitoring of provision, and escalating issues and potential solutions to senior management.
- Oversee and lead the improvement of the commissioning of a portfolio area within the service to enable cost effective, appropriate, and sustainable solutions for high quality services for service users across the area.
- The commissioning and associated partnership working and decision-making, for a range of service and contracts commissioned by the local authority, the CCG or jointly.
- Develop and implement strategies and associated delivery plans for the relevant portfolio area.
- Maximise the participation of users and carers in commissioning, in particular ensuring that systems are in place to encourage and enable service users, carers, families, and advocates to participate in all parts of the commissioning process.
- Manage commissioning staff and key projects across organisational boundaries, in both the CCG and Local Authority to deliver whole system transformation.
- Undertake day-to-day management of budgets across the CCG and Local Authority where pooled budget arrangements exist; ensuring the provision of regular reports on spend and MTFS delivery and performance.
- Take the lead in the development and drafting of commissioning strategies, frameworks and other documents relating to these areas as required by the Head of Service / Deputy Director and make recommendations for changes to policy to reflect local and/or national initiatives and statutory regulations.
- Ensure equalities impact of changes to services are assessed and tracked, and mitigating measures are in place where negative impact is identified.
- Identify, develop, and implement innovative approaches to commissioning, using benchmarking, performance analysis and other techniques, to support the continued improvement, efficiencies, and quality of services.
- Working with other relevant services, the CCG and other partner organisations to ensure that all commissioning decisions are based on an analysis of the current and future needs for mental health services, demand projections, a robust evidence base and the integrated care aspirations of the client.
- Working across LBTH and the CCG to support innovation and transformation of services, ensuring quality improvement and an understanding of population needs and assets are included at the heart of service design and delivery.
- Initiate, design, and lead special projects to support the continued improvement and integration of services, and joint commissioning of these services where appropriate employing technical project and programme management expertise as appropriate.
- Lead and support the various partnership boards and stakeholder groups and acting as the liaison and link within Integrated Commissioning for external stakeholders.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Has procured a Homecare contract in the past.
- Experience of project and programme management, including developing milestones, targets and managing interdependencies.
- Experience of presenting complex issues clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Significant experience of managing staff and/or a team.
- Significant experience of commissioning services either in health, social care, the statutory or voluntary sector.
- Experience of service development and the development of strategies, policies, procedures, and monitoring systems.
- A degree or relevant professional qualification or signification experience leading on commissioning, strategy, or transformation.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the commissioning processes in health, Local Authority, NHS, and the voluntary sector.
- A good working knowledge of the statutory responsibilities and compliance with Local Authority standing orders and financial regulations or a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key issues facing voluntary and independent sector partners who provide services.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of evidence-based commissioning models.
- A sound knowledge of the needs of adults with care and support needs.
- Significant knowledge of current health and social care policy frameworks and literature.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Commissioning Manager – Home Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.