- Pay Rate:
£27.46 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 months
Interim Senior Building Surveyor
Job Ref: RQ592370
In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of surveying role across built assets including both Building Repairs and M&E services and may include management of works packages with our Contractors
- Ensure contractors comply with their obligations to carry out reactive repairs, improvements and planned maintenance
- Reactive repairs and planned maintenance are specified and carried out to agreed and appropriate timescales by contractors
- Client representatives are supported in understanding charges applied for from the contractor for reactive works and in negotiating / agreeing settlements for inappropriate charges
- Audits of contractor performance are carried out, including reporting and recording the results of the audits and using these to bring continuous improvement of performance. The key performance indicators under the contract are audited and recorded and the project manager has appropriate information to take timely and accurate contract payment deductions where necessary
- Building maintenance technical expertise is up to date and applied to diagnose causes and mechanisms of failure to building fabric and services, and to procure solutions
- Complex or recurring maintenance issues across all property types are investigated and resolved in a timely fashion, and used proactively to improve maintenance practice and pre-empt future problems, including by contributing to forward planning of capital projects
- Compliance issues are recognised and resolved or escalated
- Contracts for building consultancy or building works services are planned, briefed, specified, procured and managed in accordance with the Council policies and procedures and deliver the agreed outcomes
- Options are developed, analysed and selected on a sound and auditable basis, for cost-effective use of resources to maximise the physical environmental and safety improvements to the Council’s schools and children’s centres
- Work is carried out as a team with other staff to high technical and quality standards, with confidence, skill, capability, reliability and articulacy
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- An appropriate surveying or engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- Significant technical knowledge and surveying/quality inspection experience
- An understanding and appreciation of sustainability and environmental issues in relation to construction and building maintenance
- Experience in drafting technical specifications for building fabric and/or M&E works
- Risk management experience
- Fluent and skilled in the use of IT as a tool for records management, communication and other purposes
- Ability to innovate and take initiative, yet be a team player
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Building Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.