- Pay Rate:
£35.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
STOKE ON TRENT,
To efficiently and effectively undertake the assessment of applications for Building Regulation consent within the Partnership Area together with associated building inspections with due regard to the Partnerships liability.
Undertake project management of major schemes for partner companies developing outside of the partnership area.
Project management of major projects and Key Clients projects within the partnership area.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Direct responsibility to assess Building Notice and Full Plans Applications and carry out relevant inspections of work on site to ensure compliance with the current Building Act and Building Regulations and other relevant allied Statutory Legislation with minimal supervision from Building Regulation Manager.
- To answer queries from, advise and assist architects, engineers, surveyors, builders, appropriate outside organisations and members of the general public regarding the deposit of Building Regulation Applications, carrying out site works and general compliance with Building Regulations and allied Legislation.
- To be fully aware and conversant with all relevant Legislation, building developments and modern construction techniques.
- Project Management of major development and complex schemes within the partnership area
- Project Management of all development schemes for partner companies outside of the partnership area.
- To complete accurate inspection reports, records, statistics, etc including making recommendations for enforcement proceedings where necessary.
- To prepare reports for presentation to the Building Regulations Manager concerning issues relevant to the post holder’s duties and the general business objectives of the Division.
- To deputise for the Building Regulation Manager when required.
- Formal responsibility for initiating prosecution against builders failing to comply with the building regulations and allied legislation. Responsibilities to include interviewing/evidence gathering and interviews under caution under minimal supervision of the Building Regulation Manager.
- To attend when necessary court sessions, inquiries, meetings and hearings, public or otherwise, on matters associated with the post holder’s duties.
- To undertake assessment/inspections of dangerous structures and initiate appropriate actions to remove the danger. Serve appropriate legal notices and liaise with emergency services etc as required. Responses to incidents to be carried out during the day and out of hours.
- To assist the Building Regulation Manager in matters relevant to Safety at Sports Grounds.
- To assist in the training and development of all Building Control Staff.
- To undertake Fire Safety Assessments of Buildings and prepare reports as necessary.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications: Demonstrate a sound knowledge of Building Regulations and have gained Corporate Membership of an appropriate professional body i.e. Association of Building Engineer, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors + considerable post qualification experience
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of building construction and modern techniques.
- Demonstrate good verbal/written communication skills and
- experience in supervising and developing staff
- Provide evidence of project management of major and complex developments
- Provide evidence of adaptability and flexible approach to duties.
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Senior Building Regs Officer – Development Control
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.