- Pay Rate:
£536.38 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Westminster, London,
Interim Senior Application Analyst / Applications Architect
Reference no: MPS 0005 FD49 / 1
This role is for a leading London Police organisation, candidates with current CTC/SC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
The objective of this role is to lead in the delivery of design, build, and development and integration activities for applications/services. Whilst providing expertise in architectural and development deliverables, it is also expected that this role will play a key part in maturing and streamlining development processes and approaches from early project initiatives through to service transition. This will be a hands-on role where the expectation is that the individual will undertake development activity whilst also enacting strategic principles and practices to increase the efficiency, and experience of other technicians within project delivery teams.
- Design and develop technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Ensure technical solutions meet strategic technical and business vision.
- Provide a hands-on technical approach to take ownership of designs from a high-level strategic approach down to low-level design, configuration and installation detail.
- Provide participation throughout the project lifecycle, defining and refining requirements where required, through design and assisting in the transition through to production environments.
- Automate the build and deployment of emerging applications and services using the corporate deployment pipeline.
- Develop, configure, deliver and integrate applications and services in non-production environments through to Production systems (using deployment pipelines where available), including creating all technical documentation.
- Provide support to 2nd line application teams where necessary in order to maintain critical service for applications, infrastructure and services.
- Provide advice and experience on agile development best practice.
- Assist in the refinement of DevOps processes and tools to mature development capability.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Working on large scale Business Change and IT enabled Transformation Programmes.
- Working in a complex high profile political environment.
- Working in the Policing sector / counter terrorism.
- In depth knowledge of and exposure to Government Security Classification and related security policies and guidelines.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Microsoft C#
- Microsoft SQL Server HTML/CSS
- Windows Server/Workstation
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- DevOps tools including Nexus, Bitbucket, Sonarqube, Jenkins and AWX
- High Availability services
- Linux (CentOS) VMware vSphere & vCloud
- Secure private cloud hosting environments
- Networking protocols.
- SIEM Tools
- Big Data, e.g. Elastic Search
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- SC Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Application Analyst – ICT (re-opened)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.