- Pay Rate:
£288.60 per day PAYE TBC
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Senior Accountant - Finance
Job Ref: BBC (HQ) 9404 28/06/22
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
Candidates will have a flexible approach to working hours to meet and accommodate critical core deadlines.
To support formulate and develop service budgets as well as monitor these service budgets alongside the budget holder. The post holder will highlight financial issues and provide suggestions and assistance in resolving financial matters arising from budget monitoring and setting.
- Complete key reconciliations
- Support in the delivery of the Councils Statement of Accounts and to work with internal and external audit on arising matters.
- Work closely with Services/Departments within the Council to set and manage budgets.
- Ensure close monitoring of service budgets and early highlighting of issues, providing suggestions and assistance for resolving such matters.
- Provide budget challenge and escalation of issues as appropriate.
- Contribute towards the compilation, monitoring and reporting of the Council’s Medium Term Financial Strategy and Annual Budget.
- Assist with the setting of fees and charges within your areas of responsibility.
- Complete key reconciliations and clearance of suspense account.
- Be aware of the VAT implications on service budgets and projects.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Part or fully qualified CCAB Accountant
- Sound understanding of public sector (Local Government) finance and legislation.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of budgeting and budgetary control.
- Good knowledge of accounting codes of practice
Skills & Experience:
- High standard of numeracy and accuracy.
- Previous experience in the preparation of budgets.
- Proven experience in the production of Annual Statement of Accounts.
- Ability to self-motivate, plan and prioritise to meet a variety of targets within tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Experience in utilisation of financial management systems.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Accountant - Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.