- Pay Rate:
£179.64 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Senior Account Manager - Education & Skills
Reference no: W Sussex RQ646875
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
Hybrid working – 2 days in the office and the rest from home
The postholder will manage engagement with other key services of the council and also external providers commissioned to deliver the activities on our behalf for ACE.
The Senior Account Manager will act as the leading professional in a particular field, offering advice and acting as the “expert” in matters related to the discipline. By drawing on professional knowledge and keeping up to date with developments and best practice in the field, they will apply this knowledge to a range of long- and short-term problems across a range of Adult Education related issues.
- Responsible for managing and co-ordinating funded programmes.
- Oversee the planning, logistics and marketing of programme/s.
- Work with others to establish the mapping and communication of provision to stakeholders and customers.
- Oversee the logistical arrangements and engage with the relevant suppliers and local community groups to ensure the breadth of coverage across the county to meet the programme needs and ambitions.
- Establish clear briefs and quality standards for organisations to apply as delivery partners and maintain regular oversight of delivery partners’ capacity and ability to deliver to the brief.
- Oversee the branding and marketing of the programme in liaison with council’s broader communications and communities’ teams.
- Take action where performance levels are not met, using partnership working skills and/or contractual levers where appropriate in order to improve service delivery and achieve desired outcomes.
- Operationally manage a small team and the work of individuals from within the broader services engaged in the programme who will be contributing to the programme.
- Co-ordinate employees to work together effectively to achieve the project objectives.
- Provide informal training and up-skilling directly to other employees as necessary. Undertake staff recruitment where required.
- Create and maintain appropriate relationships with key strategic providers. Use these relationships to work in partnership so to achieve a financially stable, and innovative care market that respond to emerging customer needs.
- Use market intelligence information, negotiation, and financial/business acumen to deliver value for money across all services provided to customers.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating a high level of applied knowledge in research, analysing and evaluating arguments and information.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant experience in working across council teams and with partners to deliver high-quality and high-profile national projects.
- Proven experience of management and delivery of successful projects demonstrated by monitoring and/or managing complex projects effectively to ensure they meet need.
- Experience of writing business cases to assist clients in achieving improvements in service and of business/systems analysis or business process improvement i.e. process flow mapping.
- Demonstrable experience of providing professional / specialist advice on developing and implementing projects.
- Experience of team management to drive performance and quality assure services, co-ordinating work across organisations contributing to the development an effective team to work together to meet objectives.
- Financial management and analytical experience, able to provide reports and strategic plans to stakeholders including cabinet, and scrutiny
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Account Manager - Education & Skills
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.