- Pay Rate:
£357.57 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Greenwich, London,
Interim SEND Operational Manager - Education
Job Ref: Greenwich RQ613015
Enhanced DBS required for this role
To operationally lead and manage the SEND Assessment and Review Service and the delivery to schools, settings, partners, children, young people and parents to ensure high outcomes for children and young people with SEND. The post holder will work with schools, education providers and families to provide seamless support for children and young people with SEN through development of excellent working relationships.
- Provide key expert advice and regular briefing and reports to the Head of SEND Assessment & Review to ensure awareness of potential risk and propose operational solutions.
- Review the service and refine policies and practice in line with legislation, statutory guidance, inspection findings and changes in funding, to ensure ongoing compliance and continuous improvement.
- Embed performance management processes to ensure improved outcomes and high-quality performance.
- Review practice to maximise the use of information systems, analysis and reporting processes to assure the quality and effectiveness of the service.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Significant experience of leading and managing children’s services at a middle or senior management level.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and extensive experience of successfully translating SEND legislation into practice.
- Experience of working in partnership with a diverse range of parents and young people, demonstrating appropriate and effective communication and negotiating skills.
- Experience of using a project management approach and demonstrate creativity and a solution focused approach to challenges presented.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage teams, inspiring and motivating colleagues to deliver consistently high standards.
- Able to use quantitative and qualitative information as a basis for analysing problems, agreeing actions and securing improvements in services.
- Proven ability to use and develop systems for quality assuring and improving the service.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim SEND Operational Manager - Education
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.