- Pay Rate:
£23.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim SEMH & Inclusion Team Manager
Job Ref: Bracknell RQ637727
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Work in collaboration with schools to develop a borough wide Behaviour Strategy that focuses on Trauma Informed practice and a Positive Behaviour approach
- To effectively line manage the team ensuring a consistent approach to continued professional development, performance management and the management of absence in accordance with the policies and procedures of the council and take remedial action where necessary
- To work collaboratively with school leaders to understand need and to ensure high quality, fit for purpose service delivery that offers quality intervention and support and is value for money.
- To develop and monitor a range of Key Performance Indicators that demonstrate a strong sense of ambition and a high quality service
- To manage all referrals into the Service, triaging and allocating these as appropriate
- To manage the Service Level Agreements with schools ensuring that resources are allocated appropriately to meet SLA demands
- To hold strategic responsibility for management oversight of school exclusions in the Borough ensuring both schools and the local authority fulfil their statutory responsibilities
- To offer staff regular reflective supervision and ongoing appraisal target monitoring, ensuring staff practice is held to account where required
- To develop a range of training courses for schools that demonstrate best practice in PBS interventions and meet the needs of education professionals
- Motivate and focus team to accomplish and embrace change to a Positive Behaviour Support culture that extends across the Borough
- To advise a range of senior level Panels including the SIF Panel, TAC and other multi – professional meetings held in education settings on behalf of the LA
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Accredited Post Graduate Qualification in Behaviour Analysis or equivalent
- Knowledge of DfE and other statutory guidance relating to Behaviour in Schools, Exclusion and the Equality Act
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support Approach
- Experience of managing referrals including triaging and allocating these based on urgency and level of need
- Experience in the development and implementation of evidence-based education programmes designed for staff and families who support children and young people with learning disabilities, ASD and behaviour support needs
- Excellent communication skills able to meet the requirements and demands of different stakeholders – written, presentational, negotiation and conversational skills
- Ability to interpret, model and articulate a strong strategic vision for service quality and continuous improvement
- Ability to challenge and negotiate with schools over their requirements
- High standards of professional integrity, whilst being resilient, determined and confident
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim SEMH & Inclusion Team Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.