- Pay Rate:
Up to £23.21 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Security Operations Cyber Analyst -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00060537
Pay Rate: Up to £ per day pay range subject to IR35 status
The role shall cover the monitoring, analysis, escalation and response of incidents and events within Microsoft Sentinel and related Microsoft Azure portals. In addition, there will be a requirement to produce regular reports and provide timely information to the business in relation to Cloud Protective Monitoring.
Security Clearance is required for this role.
- Manage the interface and output of the Cyber Security Monitoring systems.
- Performing monitoring and analysis of Cyber Security systems identifying and responding to threats.
- Aid in development of detection rules, signatures and Indicators of Compromise for the Cloud and Corporate environments.
- Producing regular reports and provide timely information to the business in relation to Protective Monitoring.
- Maintaining familiarity with legislation and regulations.
- Reviewing, document and applying good practice against all Cyber Security incidents for damage arising from compromise of company sensitive and Government protectively marked information.
- Supporting the Supervisor in acting as Forensic First Responder as part of the initial response to Cyber Security incidents.
- Delivering effective support for Cyber Security and Digital Forensic activities.
- Support the Cyber Security aspects within the Cyber Security programme.
- Support the S & R Cyber Security and Information Assurance team in the Cyber Security arena.
- Experience working in a technical ICT or Cyber Security role.
- Knowledge & experience of Microsoft security tooling including Azure Sentinel, Microsoft Defender Suite
- Good understanding of corporate / cloud IT infrastructure and system.
- Experience or knowledge of analysing and handling of security related events.
- Experience / Education Equivalence: If candidate has relevant degree (e.g. Computer Security), this counts towards equivalence for demonstrable experience, however irrespective of the candidate’s education, hands on experience within equivalent role is required.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to creativity apply technical knowledge to dynamic and varied investigations.
- Ability to achieve DV and NPPV Clearance
- Security Clearance is required
- Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate
- Security Incidents Event Management products (SIEM)
- Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS)
- Full Packet Capture systems
- Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
- Configuration, operation, troubleshooting and management (i.e. Tools Specialist) of security tools and appliances
- Variety of Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances)
- Computer forensics tools (stand alone and network)
- Open Source Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Exploitation frameworks, IDS / IPS)
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Security Clearance is required
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Security Operations Cyber Analyst
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.