- Pay Rate:
£320.33 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 3 months until further notice
Interim Schemes Manager
Reference no: Havering RQ645841
A Scheme Manager is required to provide technical expertise for the development, design and implementation of traffic and parking schemes across the borough in an effective and efficient manner.
- Effectively manage the performance and quality outputs within the service.
- Maintain and develop service dynamism both strategic and operational.
- Monitor and influence outputs and methodologies of service teams.
- Explore, develop, and implement cross Council and Partner initiatives.
- Manage resources effectively and efficiently.
- Lead, mentor, coach and develop staff and teams.
- Continued training and development a cultural norm within the service.
- Maintain Revenue and Capital budgets within overall allocations.
- Responsible for the supervision of externally provided service contracts.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A recognised qualification in Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety and CDM regulations, to be able to carry out risk assessments and take remedial action where necessary.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the service area and an ability to assess the impact of legislative and / or administrative changes affecting the service.
- Experience of managing professional, technical, and administrative staff within a local authority or other large organisation particularly in a Highway, Traffic and Parking environment.
- Proven experience of scheme design and implementation.
- Experience of technical skills associated with the relevant service area.
- Experience of managing capital and revenue budgets.
- Experience of implementing and consulting on complex schemes.
- Proven experience of working and advising on development control schemes.
- Experience of developing good working relationships with a wide range of internal, external bodies and customers as part of developing effective service delivery.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Schemes Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.