- Pay Rate: Up to £439 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week: 37
- 8 months
Interim Risk and Governance Manager - PSR 1JP00018328
Working for the ISTAR Transformation Programme (ITP) Programme Management Office (PMO) Mgr, the SO2 Risks and Governance role is responsible for risk management of the ITP and its subordinate projects and for providing assistance in relation to other general ITP PMO duties.
Post is responsible to AOC No 1 Gp (as SRO for the ITP), through the ITP Pg Mgr and the ITP PMO Mgr, for the following tasks:
- Execute SO2 Risks and Governance duties as directed by the ITP PMO Mgr, deputising for the ITP PMO Mgr as required.
- Plan and coordinate all programme-level risk management activities and assist with the planning and coordination of project level risk activities.
- Maintain the programme-level risk register and support the maintenance of project-level risk registers, working with risk owners as required.
- Produce regular programme and project risk updates as required for scheduled and ad-hoc reporting purposes.
- Produce regular programme updates for Air Cmd’s Transformation PMO to support Air’s Transformation Portfolio. · Assist in the production and maintenance of the ITP Risk Management Strategy and other programme artefacts.
- Coordinate ITP governance meetings, including the production of supporting documentation (for example slide packs and Records of Decisions).
- Assist with general ITP PMO duties to actively contribute to the delivery and continual improvement of its function and outputs.
Take active measures to increase understanding of ISTAR processes across Defence and promote a positive ISTAR Force image. Actively seek and address areas for Continuous Improvement across the ISTAR Force.
- Programme/project management experience (eg MSP, PRINCE2, M_o_R).
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Essential details to include on your CV:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Additional Requirements:
- SC - security clearance
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Risk and Governance Manager (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.