- Pay Rate:
£20.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, 08:00-17:00
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Southwark, London,
Interim Repairs Scheduler – Housing Services
Job Ref: Southwark 5208917
A Repairs Scheduler is required to plan and schedule repair appointments / programmed works, so as to achieve maximum productivity, ensuring that suitably qualified operatives are correctly and efficiently allocated at all times. The post holder will pro-actively manage operative resources to ensure repairs are completed right first time.
- Schedule all appointments and programmed works with suitably qualified operatives using available technology and reporting tools.
- Ensure performance monitoring systems are in place, and information is accurate and effective.
- Use own initiative, proactively manage work orders using IT systems ensuring that variations and complex orders are managed and coordinated and accurate records are in place to monitor through to completion.
- Operate customer satisfaction surveys and communicate with customers to discuss and resolve repairs issues and to escalate these issues to the relevant managers.
- Receive and resolve all calls from operatives.
- Answer client and customer queries - providing repairs knowledge and guidance to assist them in resolving issues.
- Undertake data entry tasks as required and to work diligently towards achieving service KPIs and qualitative / quantitative performance targets.
- Prepare records and statistics as required and respond to written and verbal icasework and complaints in a timely manner, in order to resolve issues effectively and speedily.
- Monitor and report on operative performance in terms of missed appointments, customer satisfaction levels, etc and to escalate issues to the relevant manager.
- Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, procedures and best practice for the service area.
- Carry out all necessary liaisons, including attendance at meetings with, contractors, residents and officers, as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within building repairs / maintenance.
- Significant experience of diagnosing & logging repairs.
- Experience of dealing with challenging customers.
- Experience of achieving qualitative and quantitative performance targets.
- Experience of dealing with and resolving customer enquiries and complaints to a successful conclusion - in writing, by phone or face-to-face without assistance.
- Experience of successfully managing conflicting priorities.
- Good knowledge of building maintenance, including basic structural issues.
- Good knowledge of different property types as well as different types of construction.
- Good understanding of front-line customer care services, and a commitment to meeting and exceeding customer needs.
- A positive, pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Flexible, self motivated and customer focused.
- Thorough knowledge of IT applications relevant to the post, particularly work scheduling systems.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Repairs Scheduler – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.