- Pay Rate:
£20.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- PECKHAM, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Repairs Scheduler – Housing Services
Job Reference: Southwark 5216990
Pay Rate: £20.00 per hour PAYE
The 'Leaks from Above' team require a senior admin officer with experience of repairs and/or planning to work day to day answering residents queries, dealing with operatives and ensuring a smooth and professional service. Legal disrepair experience is essential and must be shown on your CV.
To plan and schedule repair appointments / programmed works, so as to achieve maximum productivity, ensuring that suitably qualified operatives are correctly and efficiently allocated at all times.
To pro-actively manage operative resources to ensure repairs are completed right first time.
Dedicated to ensuring that the council’s customers receive an excellent standard of service.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Legal disrepair experience essential
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within building repairs / maintenance
- Experience of dealing with challenging customers
- Experience of achieving qualitative and quantitative performance targets
- Experience of dealing with and resolving customer enquiries and complaints to a successful conclusion - in writing, by phone or face-to-face without assistance
- Experience of successfully managing conflicting priorities
- Good knowledge of building maintenance, including basic structural issues
- Good knowledge of different property types as well as different types of construction
- Good understanding of front line customer care services, and a commitment to meeting
- and exceeding customer needs
- Significant experience of diagnosing & logging repairs
- Thorough knowledge of IT applications relevant to the post, particularly work scheduling systems
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Repairs Scheduler – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.