- Pay Rate:
up to £47,000 per annum pro rata TBC
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month until further notice, potentially recruit as permanent
Interim Registered Manager - Children’s Residential Services
Job Ref: Staffordshire TCL140622
Enhanced DBS disclosure/HCPC registration required
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
Please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
The purpose of the role is to take a lead role in ensuring Statement of Purpose accurately reflects the ethos and stated aims of the home and is regularly reviewed and updated. Also, to ensure correct compliance with Regulations 2015 including those matters that require Ofsted notifications.
- Oversight and co-ordination of the delivery of individual packages of support for the children and young people and ensure that care plans meet identified needs of children and are regularly reviewed and are outcome focused.
- Responsibility to fulfil all requirements under Children’s Homes Regulation 2015, and Quality Standards.
- Oversight of the recruitment and retention of staff to ensure compliance with Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and National Minimum Standards.
- Ensure all staff understand Statement of Purpose and outcomes of the home and have oversight opportunity to enhance capacity and learning including induction, training and We Talk appraisal process.
- Ensure efficient communication mechanisms are in place to hear the voices of the children young people and their families on the edge of care and in receipt of short breaks, utilising feedback and observations to improve design and delivery of the services.
- To have performance management system in place to audit comprehensively in line with Children’s Homes Regulations 2015, and Quality Standards, e.g.
- Monitoring the implementation of County Council Policies and Procedures and Guidance. Ensure all staff are aware and adhere to these and take appropriate action to address any shortfalls including training, performance improvement plans and disciplinary procedures.
- Ensure financial budgets are proactively managed, service costs are within agreed levels, offer best value and meet authority’s and financial regulations.
- Oversight and a proactive response to resolving complaints at an early stage.
- Provision of effective, leadership and management support, supervision and guidance to all staff who are employed in the Children’s Home.
- Production and implementation of appropriate service plans, service report cards and service performance reviews to achieve targets and have effective mechanisms in place to monitor progress towards this.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- DipSW, CQSW, NVQ 4 or equivalent.
- Management qualification. L5
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working with children and young people in residential or similar setting.
- Proven track record of leadership and direct management experience of supervision, development of staff.
- Detailed knowledge of the regulatory framework, Children’s Homes Regulations 2015, New Quality Standards.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and appreciation of the needs and experiences of children and young people and their families who are on the ‘edge of care’.
- Awareness of relevant enquiries, reports, and research findings in relation to children in care/on edge of care and impact of application for service delivery.
- Detailed knowledge of policies and procedures related to safeguarding and its application to Children’s Homes Regulations 2015.
- Financial management experience including management and monitoring of staff resources and procurement of budgets.
- Ability to lead home in a way which is consistent with approach and ethos of the service as set out in Statement of Purpose.
- Good understanding of performance management and performance monitoring system to collate, analyse and interpret data to inform and influence learning, practice and future service development.
Skills & Abilities:
- High level of interpersonal skills including the ability to demonstrate effective working relationships both internally and externally to promote good outcomes for all young people utilising the service.
- Evidence of ability to make sound judgements and risk management in relation to delivering and promoting residential care for children and young people.
- Ability to prioritise work, meet objectives and maintain effective work system in line with the Management of Children’s Homes Regulations 2015.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including weekends and bank holidays.
- To provide out of hours support and advice.
- Commitment to continuous professional development and any relevant training programmes, conferences, etc.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Registered Manager - Children’s Residential Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.